Grab the flamethrowers, I'm going in!

955i

BASC dont be like the government help the people that are in work as well as the ones that are not.

What Utter rot, what the hell do you think BASC do. They are your voice for the shooting world where others can not be bothered. People have a heck of alot to thank BASC for without even realising it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stupid thing to say. I can't wait until your moaning about being laid off work. ######

Read the whole thread you ####, I made a disclaimer after the omission was pointed out.

Nevertheless, if you can't afford your insurance, why should you be discounted. I don't earn a lot and I want a discount too...fat chance huh!

Edited by Zapp Brannigan

Can I be the first one on this thread to infer that the people who work in BASC should stop pouring Crystal champers over their Coco Pops, flog their Range Rover Vogues and use the money to support the hard working shooting man who cannot ordinarily afford the membership fees. I would also like to suggest that BASC could give away free membership to the world if only they would stop lighting their expensive cigars with £50 notes.

I thought I would get in their first. We all know it's on the way :blink:

P.S.

Everyone knows that the BASC directors feed unemployed people to their hounds.

OOOOOOOOOOO very controversial........ Basc having anything to do with hounds !

Wouldn't it be a better idea for basc to arrange a tiered membership system? rather than discount certain members, have a basic fee with basic insurance, then for those that can afford more comprehensive cover they could have additional fees, maybe an e-mail news letter instead of the magazine may suit some people better, if it saves money then surely that's a better idea as it would help those of us that don't have £65 odd to spare. sound like a good idea? :good:

Thank Basc.....for what....are they a politcal party now............cause not......they like siding with the league against cruell sports and the RSPCA..............I bet you a 100-1 that you walked into one of there tents at a game fair or show and said you were unemployed .............no ****** would give you the time of day.

Regards

Willow32

Thank Basc.....for what....are they a politcal party now............cause not......they like siding with the league against cruell sports and the RSPCA..............I bet you a 100-1 that you walked into one of there tents at a game fair or show and said you were unemployed .............no ****** would give you the time of day.

Regards

Willow32

Ignoranus alert.

I bet you they would, and at 100-1 I'll have a tenner with you, no sod it I'll have a 100 quid on that.

And you have BASC to thank that you are still able pigeons to shoot in Wales, as well as one hell of a lot of other shooting legislation that has been fought like right to roam and coastal access.

As for siding with LACS and RSPCA, that has been done to death in another thread if you ever get around to reading it you will see why they are agreeing with them.

maybe by offering cheaper membership to the unemployed they are hoping to increase the membership numbers.you may not like the fact that they are paying a bit less than you but these extra funds could in fact be used to keep the genral membership fees down.

MC sorry sorry for my opinon....VOTE BASC.

Your are entitled to your opinion, however this BASC bashing gets tedious after a while. Especially as the people that knock them are not usually members and do not understand what BASC do on your behalf.

Some of us just get a discount because we are all round good people. Or more commonly known as Wildfowlers. We use to get our own magazine as well but since the rabble complained that they were missing out we don't get it anymore.

i blame old people and the disabled. they take up far too much time and money so lets get rid of em all :lol:

Are you suggesting that they bring in some sort of euthanasia programme?

Really MM I thought you were kind and caring <_<:yes:

Im a fully paid up member of basc and have been for years i am also self employed as a joiner and cant remember the last time i worked a full week but id still pay to be a member of them if the cost came down and when i get more work and work a full week and was to pay full subs would i still be looked upon as a scrounger(spelling?) even if i was to donate the extra to make up full subs when working full time? I know times are hard but id love to work a full week again never mind a month.

i paid full price after been made redundant in march i personally wouldn't expect a reduction, i would love to be working again by the way i'm not job shy, i just won't take a job that isn't going to cover my outgoings it just wouldn't make sense, its a joke at the job centre most jobs are 25 hours a week at minimum wage temporary and doesn't cover my mortgage why should i take it when at the minute my morgage insurance and whats left of my redundancy money is tiding me over, i don't get any benefits they only pay my national insurance after the first six months because my wife works fulltime

Can I be the first one on this thread to infer that the people who work in BASC should stop pouring Crystal champers over their Coco Pops, flog their Range Rover Vogues and use the money to support the hard working shooting man who cannot ordinarily afford the membership fees.

Nail. Head Hit.

Are you suggesting that they bring in some sort of euthanasia programme?

Really MM I thought you were kind and caring <_<:yes:

i am dude, just not to them in chairs or over 65. what a waste of time and money. :lol: (team: please note the sarcastic wink)

I'm a poor boy on a gap year, wish i had have realised there was an unemployed membership. I assume being at uni counts as being unemployed?

Yes but your parents have a few quid so it does'nt count and you wont qualify

You will soon learn that this country rolls families into one whole shooting match these days

Im a fully paid up member of basc and have been for years i am also self employed as a joiner and cant remember the last time i worked a full week but id still pay to be a member of them if the cost came down and when i get more work and work a full week and was to pay full subs would i still be looked upon as a scrounger(spelling?) even if i was to donate the extra to make up full subs when working full time? I know times are hard but id love to work a full week again never mind a month.

you and me both mate,didnt even know there were discounts for the unemployed.and i have just joined.wonder if i could get a rebate

alan :good:

If, the organisation I belong to is able in some way to extend its hand of support to those who, probably through no fault of their own, find themselves temporarily unable to finance their subscriptions to said organisation, then I, for one, am more than happy to see that hand extended.

It's a bleak and skewed picture of society that some of you paint.