Salmon

Billy.

How do you have your salmon steak cooked   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Still flapping or cooked to black?

• Blue
    • Rare
    • Pink in the middle
    • Well done

I've fallen into a heated discussion at work... On occasion I go to the supermarket and buy the freshest salmon steak and eat it raw. I love raw salmon and I have to have a steak cooked blue/rare.

My workmates have said I'm taking bull and said I'd get ill from eating a rare salmon steak.

PLEASE! someone back me up and say they also eat rare salmon!

Love shushimi and eat lots of fish raw when I catch it; salmon, mackerel - anything really.

It wont make you sick. IIRC it's probably actually better for you as none of the nutrients are destroyed in the cooking. Got to know the source though and I'd not do it with farmed salmon - there is a process called deading that would put anyone off eating farmed salmon, irrespective of the industries stance on welfare.

I've fallen into a heated discussion at work... On occasion I go to the supermarket and buy the freshest salmon steak and eat it raw. I love raw salmon and I have to have a steak cooked blue/rare.

My workmates have said I'm taking bull and said I'd get ill from eating a rare salmon steak.

PLEASE! someone back me up and say they also eat rare salmon!

Never eat it, smells like bloody cat food

Billy, I love raw fish when it is really fresh. When we buy supermarket fish, which my Mrs loves, it makes me ill every time. I've stopped eating supermarket fist unless it is cooked, it but the Mrs still happily chomps on the tesco raw stuf :lol: .

Fortunately my mate is the fishmonger at Waitrose so he tells me what's freshest and he's been there as long as I remember, so he knows a thing or two...!

However, unfortunately you can tell your missus that the entire Tescos sushi range contains no raw fish. They print it in very small writing on the packaging and since reading it, I've stopped buying it...

Edited by harfordwmj