annual pay rise.

MM

30% pay cut over the last 18 months, plus no overtime anymore so earning about 40% less than 18 months ago overall.

But there is very little going on in my industry at the moment and the company I left a couple of weeks ago have just announced 1000 job cuts so there will be lots of people in a worse position than me.

Being self employed if I need more money then it gets factored into the prices. However, I aren't greedy and i'm happy with what I get already so no increase needed as yet.

We have more work on now than ever before though so more money coming in. I don't think we have ever been busy in january but this year we didn't stop at all.

prime example that of why we can't run a railway in this country, they really aren't in the same world as the rest of us. Just keep bumping up fares as the commuters have to pay it :good:

TBH, i cant control how the industry works, but i can enjoy in its success.

And as for MC, a kick in the pants is in order for you as well. :)

TBH, i cant control how the industry works, but i can enjoy in its success.

And as for MC, a kick in the pants is in order for you as well. :good:

yup I conceed you're not to blame, but it stinks that train companies just keep hiking fares on people who lets face it mostly won't be getting a raise this year.

just got a £500 one of payment for last years paydeal...and 2% payrise this year.

coupled with my quarter bonus of £225 (should be upto £500 a quarter)

and my all employee yearly bonus of 1 1/2 weeks pay im gonna be minted this month.

expecting around £1500 in bonus allone this month just in time for the newark show wahooo.

please keep flying its keeping me above water.lol

Got a 2% pay rise whichI believe is about the average ? Aso get a health & safety bonus- Don't ask,that one is a con from the company so we don't have any lost time accidents or rather report them.KPI along with a PRP bonus. PRP has been poo for the last 5 years. Its about 3-4%. It used to hit 15% many years ago

The chemical indtook quiet a knock like most manufacturing compies did, BUt something that are british made are the best in the world and have strict patenting and thats what keeps us very busy manufacturing 7 days a week, around the clock

jonno

I cant belive some of the of the paycuts being aired on here .

25k pay cut that must be harsh but most dont even earn 25 k .

Having said that this year was must first year as self employed with some part time 18 hrs regular for a local warehouse firm.

I work for myself as a landscaper tree work area there is no shortage of work as most seem to be over charging by thousands in there business .

I quoted a job the other day that was approx a days work for two £500 the the next lowest was 3 grand.

I am qualified and propley insured and trained no cowboy hats here and can not see the prices some trades are giving .

I have earned a very good wage self employed and what I have found IMO is what one persons not been a good year comment ,is anothers mega wage.

A bit like a poor old arable farmer who claims it a tough life and crys on your shoulder when you ask him for some shooting.

Resting on the door of a 30k rangie outside a barn conversion he has just sold for 500k.

Also I would be intrested in what market you have recevied a pay rise or cut .

OTH

Edited by Over the hill

I cant belive some of the of the paycuts being aired on here .

25k pay cut that must be harsh but most dont even earn 25 k .

That doesn't make it any ******* easier to do without it :good:

It's also totally irrelevant, as I now earn CONSIDERABLY less than £25K a year

Edited by Chard