F.A.C open ticket

stokeshooter

Im still waiting my FAC. bUt when i filled it in i used the BASC guidance.

They told me to put "on any land where permission has been obtained" as well as any listed sites.

Would this qualify as an 'open ticket'?

Im yet to have the visit so hopefully i can sort this all out then.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Im still waiting my FAC. bUt when i filled it in i used the BASC guidance.

They told me to put "on any land where permission has been obtained" as well as any listed sites.

Would this qualify as an 'open ticket'?

Im yet to have the visit so hopefully i can sort this all out then.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

You will of had to state at least 1 main piece of land for your FAC to be granted, this would be your base permission which would need to be cleared for your chosen caliber's. The wording you state is roughly what is written on an open FAC but depending on experience and ammount of land you have permission on you may or may not sattisfy a need to them for an open FAC on first application.

Good luck on your application :good:

You will of had to state at least 1 main piece of land for your FAC to be granted, this would be your base permission which would need to be cleared for your chosen caliber's. The wording you state is roughly what is written on an open FAC but depending on experience and ammount of land you have permission on you may or may not sattisfy a need to them for an open FAC on first application.

Good luck on your application :good:

cheers for that, ill find out when the feo eventually comes round. Stokeshooter, sorry for the hijak again.

Had FAC just over 6 months SGC over 20 years so im not new to shooting

Had my sgc over 25 years and the FAC over 3 and shot in excess of 3 thousand rounds only to be told we have had people shoot allot more than that :good: All mine were in the field to :blush:

Cheshire are a great force to deal with honest :yes:

Good luck

I had exactly the same response from Devon and Cornwall from nearly 3 weeks ago. Hope they hurry up as need some ammo soon.... They've always been quick in the past.

my FAC is in for variation at the moment, I booked a 1/2 day stalking in Thetford for next wednesday so phoned the FEO and asked if i could have my old FAC back for a couple of days to show the stalker and to get some ammo, a copy of my old FAC dropped on the mat this morning, you might want to try that approach at least it will keep you going

MIKEE

Hi Birdboy

They didn't say that they just said it was in the process and would be dealt with in the fullness of time, not particularly helpful, which to be honest I was surprised at as they have always been helpful in the past.

Will give it another fortnight and then start to bother them everyday til I get something more useful.

Hi Birdboy

They didn't say that they just said it was in the process and would be dealt with in the fullness of time, not particularly helpful, which to be honest I was surprised at as they have always been helpful in the past.

Will give it another fortnight and then start to bother them everyday til I get something more useful.

I had pretty much the same response Scout and I agree, its not their normal standard. Im still waiting 10 days later after being told its on his desk and he will ring me !

Very frustrating.

BB

3 in suffolk based on teh old 3 year cert as a cert is now 5 years i suspect they have used this to extend the time required....

some folk could have a ticket 20 years and still be **** heads based on some of the posts on PW

I think quite a few forces work on the first 5 year issue been your probationary period,getting to know the ropes so to speak,makes sense to me :yp: BB, and yes pavman your quite correct in your above statement :D:D:beer:

Edited by Bluebarrels

I was on my second renewal when i asked for an open ticket, i had flo out for a variation at same time, he said he would look into it, three days later his manager phoned me to say i had allready been granted an open ticket on my first renewal didn't i know ? I nearly pointed out to him that his flo had not noticed either but thought better of it. He told me that they work on number of rounds on ticket, I did point out that some one could use tens or hundreds of rounds a week on a range, not use any in the field and still get an open ticket.

A mate of mine was actually granted an open ticket on grant of his fac, this was .22 and .243 :yp:

Nick.