Pigeonwatch is great

ME

Pigeonwatch is great. :good:

The other night I was looking at a new purchase advertised on an auction site. It was very well priced but I am in Essex and it was in Somerset near Bristol.

I put a post on PW in the off topic section asking if anyone on here was near Cleeve in Somerset and amongst others Dr W replied saying that he was nearby. I have met Dr W when he lived up this way and he is a fine fellow, so I knew that he was a good bloke to do the job. We exchanged some PM's and to cut a long story short, Dr W went and looked at the item for me last night.

After inspection Dr W confirmed that it was a good buy and as described, so today I have spent 10 hours in the car going to Somerset, paying for the item and towing it back to sunny Essex. ( I must also mention that another PW member did some checks on the seller too :yes: )

I am now the owner of a Kawasaki stx15f which is a 1500cc 155hp 65mph+ jet bike like my mates one I tried last summer below in this photo -

jetski.jpg

Being the predictable lot you are, NO I have not spent all the North vs South shoot money on this - only some of it ! :yes:;) (joke :) )

You're more than welcome mate, it wasn't too far from me and I nothing better to do.

Actually I'm secretly v jealous and bet it will be loads of fun.

It also goes to prove a bit of karma because I have just moved to this area and am looking to buy a house in a particular village.

Anyway another member who replied to the original thread happened to live in this village and I pm'd him for info on this village, I also tacked on the end that I was looking for a good local clay shoot and a shoot to beat on next season.

Anyway he replied that he owned a local shoot and his shoot was always looking for beaters, coincidence or what. Cheers Chairman :good:

PW is great and the members are awesome :yes:

Edited by Dr W

Actually I'm secretly v jealous and bet it will be loads of fun.

As discussed, whenever you can spare a weekend mate you are welcome to be a test pilot. The apres beers and BBQ will be on me too :good:

Nice one ME. Did yours come with the free "BIG GRIN" pack? They are loads of fun. I had one some years back, a Yamaha waverunner 760 I think it was. It was yellow anyway. Trouble back then was there were very few places you could launch it from as the old sailing school fraternity were scorning them as they were obviously much more fun than they could ever get. It was only a matter of months previous to that they had only just acknowledged RIBs as being a proper water craft. In my area I think it was limited to Herne Bay or Whitstable and Rye. We tried to get permission to go up the Thames on ours but the Port of London authority (Rear Admiral Gordon in particular) refused as they didn't want "Pirating & the likes going on on the Thames". I kid you not.

PW is the balls. I love this place. I've only been a member 3 months and have met some top lads already.

Albob took me out lamping twice this week and I learnt more in those 2 nights than I have in the last 2 years. Young Joe is a cool dude too. Not as cool as Billy Zane but still pretty cool.

PW is the balls. I love this place. I've only been a member 3 months and have met some top lads already.

Albob took me out lamping twice this week and I learnt more in those 2 nights than I have in the last 2 years. Young Joe is a cool dude too. Not as cool as Billy Zane but still pretty cool.

your not bad for a young un.. :lol::P..glad you learnt from it,lot to take in,just need to get you a rabbit.. also met gonk off here,he is not bad for a young un either.. :lol:

i sorted the chaff from the chaff though.. :lol::P

good to meet others and pass info and knowledge on.. :welcomeani:

now,about my £20... :hmm::P

atb

al

Edited by albob

Bloody hell , who took that picture , there's some fat bloke on a puffters rowing boat , spoiling the view of an orange buoy .

I am a member of the "If your taking pictures at sea make sure there is always no fat blokes in the way of any orange floating things " society .

all the best yis yp :welcomeani:

You have all the charm of a **** in the bath.