Police Shoot Hodnet

Chard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that there's any set time you have to shoot it, or in any particular squads come to think of it :good:

Best make a phone call just to double check or at least wait until Mr Potter posts up as he the expert on these Cheshire Shield matters :hmm:

I do recall that there was an offer of shooting it as a team (of up to 5) to stand a chance of winning a team prize, so at the time I must have been jet-lagged and told the guy who answered the phone that i'd shoot with Chard and Anni :good: Think that Auntie and Magman are also making an appearance.......

If the lady cops are there, then so am i!! :good:

Yeah its not squadded, you have to book in before a certain time (i think) then free to wander round and shoot as you please!

You can give the booking on guy (Ian Haywood) a team of 5 people to enter and there is small prizes to be won, normally a nice crystal cut glass, proper enjoyable day, fingers crossed for the weather to be nice

See you all there

Son Of Potter

If the lady cops are there, then so am i!! :P

Yeah its not squadded, you have to book in before a certain time (i think) then free to wander round and shoot as you please!

You can give the booking on guy (Ian Haywood) a team of 5 people to enter and there is small prizes to be won, normally a nice crystal cut glass, proper enjoyable day, fingers crossed for the weather to be nice

See you all there

Son Of Potter

Cheers Tricky :good:

See you there. Are you taking the old chap out for an airing in his bath chair? :hmm:

Yeah the old man will be there (i hope so or im setting off walking now)

Looking forward to getting out a bit this month with me gun, Not been doing much since found out im gonna be a Dad come September!! :lol:

:P :P :P

Congratulations chap. The end of life as you know it :good:

You should have stuck with the sock :hmm:

Yeah the old man will be there (i hope so or im setting off walking now)

Looking forward to getting out a bit this month with me gun, Not been doing much since found out im gonna be a Dad come September!! :P

Congratulations :good:

Grandad Potter :hmm: about right after his score the last time he shot with us :P:P

Cheers Tricky :good:

See you there. Are you taking the old chap out for an airing in his bath chair? :lol:

He's not that bothered if I go or not as long as my wallet is in attendance :P:P

Seriously though I'll be there with a car full, the boy + 2 heathens (non PWers) I've shot this comp for a good number of years now, it's always within a couple of days of my birthday so it's my present to myself and it's a good job as it's usually the only one I get. ???:/

Format is pretty standard, start shooting at about 9 and I think you have to be booked on by 10 (if that's an issue ring the ground to check). It will be busy and it's not squadded so you will spend some time queuing. There are two techniques to try and speed things up, first you can get booked in as early as possible say 08:30, race up to the top of the shoot and be the first to start then move as quickly as possible back down to the clubhouse. The other way is to wait for as long as possible, perhaps 12 or even 1o'clock then start and you'll be the last ones on each stand. can't be ***** trying either of those tricks (especially rushing up that hill!!) I'll do what I do every year wander around whinging about the queues :lol:

As it says in the title it's a Police or Emergency services shoot with the spare places open to "Guests" There are no cash prizes just some nice cut glass items for High Gun overall, various Police things and 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed guest teams. A guest team consists of x number of shooters with either the best 4 or 5 scores to count (I actually think it's best 5 but not 100% sure). Each of the winning team whose scores count get a piece of cut glass, a whisky tumbler usually and two "get out of jail free cards" from the constabulary of your choice.

I've had a place in this a couple of times with the guys I shoot round with from Catton Hall, we called ourselves Harry's Team as Harry Booth, who is one of the corporate instructors at Catton was the most senior member (he was a youngster in his 70's then, he's in his 80's now :hmm::P ) He, Harry, can't make it this year so I've re-named us, with tongue firmly in cheek, as "The Cheshire Set" If you enter as a team you have to have a name to identify you, it can be anything as long as it's not obscene!! In the last few years though the guest team event has been very keenly fought for with the top team often containing some very familiar names.

Hope the weather is OK, if it's raining it will be the first time ever for me at the Cheshire Shield, fingers crossed. See you there.

Mr Potter

I shall be there with a few mate's - can't miss us as one mate wears a white brimmed hat with silly badges on it. - we need one more shooter to make a team provided you don't mind team name "Cess Pitts"

Mr Potter sir ! is that Harry the old chap with sticks who used a green 4x4 to go round top of Catton Hall :good: nice old chap and was a skeet shooter in another life?

Dave

ps - Telford weather say's it's going to rain on Thursday - it's say's it's raining here now but sun's shining so come ready for either.

ps - Telford weather say's it's going to rain on Thursday - it's say's it's raining here now but sun's shining so come ready for either.

And there's your proof. They tell us we're going to have a "BBQ Summer" and they can't tell us what it's doing right now :birthday::shoot: :shoot: :good: :good: :yay:

******* priceless :good: