LACS on my doorstep!

Ferret Master

Hello!

Returned home after a bit of clay shooting this morning to find an anti hunting with dogs sticker and leaflet on the doormat...

My Mother, who was home at the time of this filth being pushed into my house, said it was delivered by some fat bloke and a woman who just stood at the top of each driveway while he waddled down in towards the letterboxes after individually handing him the 2 aforementioned items.

Mum was going to invite him to 'Come back later on once my son has returned from shooting.' however realised this would probably result in bad bad things occuring on the family doorstep so decided against it.

Anyone else had this 'Make Cruelty History' trash through their door or been lucky enough to have a pleasant exchange of words with the delightful characters distributing it?

Cheers,

FM :yes:

There were some in Durham City Centre about a month ago. One was dressed in a hare/rabbit costume trying to make people sign a petition. One of them got into several arguments with people who wouldn't sign her petition. When she walked towards me I gave her a nasty look and she walked off allowing me to finish my lunch in peace. I was almost looking forward to the argument though...

Hello!

Returned home after a bit of clay shooting this morning to find an anti hunting with dogs sticker and leaflet on the doormat...

My Mother, who was home at the time of this filth being pushed into my house, said it was delivered by some fat bloke and a woman who just stood at the top of each driveway while he waddled down in towards the letterboxes after individually handing him the 2 aforementioned items.

EH ?

yis yp

Do you think they are part of a political party - maybe the far bloke could be Nigel Farage [uKIP}?

Sometines and if you have time, you can engage them in a conversation for an hour or three,totally waste their time, pretending to agree with all that they say and then bid them a fond farewell explaining your attitude towards shooting/hunting/fishing/vermin control or whatever and that you think that your nesrest local pro fields sports MPis the best thing ever......

The will to live can be destroyed quite effecrively!

I always have this argument with some people at work, who call me a murderer! haha. I then ask them if they know what the cute little fluffy foxes do when the get into a lambing pen/fleld, pheasent pen or chicken run and they soon stop chirping up! I just say go down to tesco and buy your processed water injected chicken when ill be having a rack of venison or game pie! haha

I spoke to one of the head guys once, after having some direct mailing campaign stuff through the letter box.

A quick phone call and a follow up email asking for the address to be remove from future mailings.. nothing since

Polite chats normally go along way, i asked if he could remove the address, he said yes many apologies and that was that.

But i do have a cool looking sticker with a cartoon game shooter on, i will put a copy up if i can find it..... see who it looks like

Difference is what makes the world go around - somebody mentioned why don't we have pro-hunting leaflets distributed - maybe it's because we prefer to sit on a computer and whinge about other people following their passion/purpose/interest. I don't agree with their limited views but at least they aren't sitting typing about pigeon watch members, they're out in the real world trying to make a difference - and I will again emphasise that I don't agree with their views(would be on the wrong site to do so as I like few things more than stocking up on free range woody when I get a chance).

I'm an admirer(to a degree depending on the cause) of anyone willing to get off their butts and do something about something - so if anyone here is that bothered then stand out in your local high st trying to get people to sign up to your particular belief/religion/sport/lunacy etc. I won't hold my breath.

Anyway, just off to the local park dressed as a giant pound coin to try and get supporters for my 'make DFB a millionaire' campaign.

Difference is what makes the world go around - somebody mentioned why don't we have pro-hunting leaflets distributed - maybe it's because we prefer to sit on a computer and whinge about other people following their passion/purpose/interest. I don't agree with their limited views but at least they aren't sitting typing about pigeon watch members, they're out in the real world trying to make a difference - and I will again emphasise that I don't agree with their views(would be on the wrong site to do so as I like few things more than stocking up on free range woody when I get a chance).

I'm an admirer(to a degree depending on the cause) of anyone willing to get off their butts and do something about something - so if anyone here is that bothered then stand out in your local high st trying to get people to sign up to your particular belief/religion/sport/lunacy etc. I won't hold my breath.

But this does not apply to those who attended the countryside march ? The ( to paraphrase ) idiots who saw fit to take hounds to central london ?

Edited by digger

Hi

Once had a little old lady knock on my door one evening said she was collecting for wiltshire wildlife, so i went out to my shed and got her two rabbits. went back and handed them to her.She said i don't think you understand she then said "Oh how exciting we are on opposite sides"we had a chat about wildlife in general, she then mentioned her and her husband actually liked rabbit.I said she could keep the rabbits and i put a couple of quid in her box and off she went, both parties happy

Geordie

But this does not apply to those who attended the countryside march ? The ( to paraphrase ) idiots who saw fit to take hounds to central london ?

Yes, the ones' that acted lawfully and didn't take it that they owned the streets of the capital just because they live somwhere that has trees and hedges - the other toe rags(a minority but still enough to cause disruption/violence etc are no better than soapies

always wondered why we dont have flash cards with pro hunting info in it. was quite surprised lately, when i picked my new 17hmr up there was a load of american hunting leaflets in the box, saying how much hunting there puts into the economy annually, giving statistics on conservation, etc. seems to me theyre designed to be carried hunting with you, so if you ran into an anti youd have the info on hand... :lol:

Hi

Once had a little old lady knock on my door one evening said she was collecting for wiltshire wildlife, so i went out to my shed and got her two rabbits. went back and handed them to her.She said i don't think you understand she then said "Oh how exciting we are on opposite sides"we had a chat about wildlife in general, she then mentioned her and her husband actually liked rabbit.I said she could keep the rabbits and i put a couple of quid in her box and off she went, both parties happy

Geordie

See, I admire that gesture and her reaction, it was all about respect for each other's views. She didn't call you murderer or call the RSPCA and you didn't go around insulting her because of her beliefs. There are extremist elements on both sides who want to polarise the countryside issue to the point of teaching some that all hunters are sadistic people and all animal rights people are "bunny huggers".

They are welcome to their opinion, they are of course wrong, but what they do with their money and free time is their business. We have a local 'Fox Project' Charity, They happen to also sell a fox relocation/deterrent service, which is more effective than 'outmoded pest control'.... funny i figure being dead to be the ultimate deterrent? Sounds like a cracking little business they have for themselves there. They also put out coin collection points in our local garages, great for till receipts or small bits of rubbish i find in my pockets.