Confussed

jasper3

Had a wake up call at 4am this morning,

two lads walking down the street set off a neighbours security light, why they put thier hoods up, I don't know :ernyha:

anyway!!!!! let the dog out the back for a pee...

looked up into the night sky to see two white lights flying over..they wern't going fast like when you see the sats going by...

and the strange thing was...there was no noise,

my 1st thoughts were .... military..? but even those are not flying..are they ?

and no!!! I don't believe in little green men either..... just wondering what it could have been :lol:

any ideas

jasp

two lads walking down the street set off a neighbours security light, why they put thier hoods up, I don't know :ernyha:

looked up into the night sky to see two white lights flying over..they wern't going fast like when you see the sats going by...

and no!!! I don't believe in little green men either..... just wondering what it could have been :lol:

any ideas

jasp

Lava from an Icelandic volcano :good:

Hi,

Page 125 on BBC 1 teletext (in depth news) gives a good description of the problems ash can cause to aircraft. As this is headind south, flying across its path (west to east) and at the same altitude (no noise) with on board sampling and analytical equipment is one method of tracking its progress.

Cheers, mate,

Hi,

Page 125 on BBC 1 teletext (in depth news) gives a good description of the problems ash can cause to aircraft. As this is headind south, flying across its path (west to east) and at the same altitude (no noise) with on board sampling and analytical equipment is one method of tracking its progress.

Cheers, mate,

WHAT........:ernyha:?:lol:??

There are aircraft flying here and there taking samples and conducting experiments on the ash in the air. They are non-turbine prop-driven aircraft so are not at the same risk as jets. Once they get above a certain altitude, you wont be able to hear the engines anyway.

ZB

Driving up the M11 this morning I promised the kids a quid if they saw a plane. Cruel but it shut 'em up for a while as they looked skywards.

Driving back the Mrs suddenly spotted a light aircraft coming in over the fields. Must admit, I thought all planes had to stop flying.

Confused, and a quid lighter :good:

two lads walking down the street set off a neighbours security light, why they put thier hoods up, I don't know :good:

and no!!! I don't believe in little green men either..... just wondering what it could have been :good:

any ideas

jasp

I think I know what they were... the International Space Station and the Space Shuttle. They were both flying over the Portsmouth area at 3.55am.

The details and times are HERE. That info is updated daily, so the info about your Sunday morning sighting will be gone in a couple of days.

Iain

WHAT........:good:?:good:??

There are aircraft flying here and there taking samples and conducting experiments on the ash in the air. They are non-turbine prop-driven aircraft so are not at the same risk as jets. Once they get above a certain altitude, you wont be able to hear the engines anyway.

ZB

Hi, With us yet, Berettaman?

Cheers

I think I know what they were... the International Space Station and the Space Shuttle. They were both flying over the Portsmouth area at 3.55am.

The details and times are HERE. That info is updated daily, so the info about your Sunday morning sighting will be gone in a couple of days.

Iain

Hi, Good one! Jasper is just down the road from me so I'll give him a bell just to make sure he picks up on your post; I know that he'll be interested.

Cheers. Phil

Driving up the M11 this morning I promised the kids a quid if they saw a plane. Cruel but it shut 'em up for a while as they looked skywards.

Driving back the Mrs suddenly spotted a light aircraft coming in over the fields. Must admit, I thought all planes had to stop flying.

Confused, and a quid lighter :good:

Light aircraft still flying - ban only applies to controlled airspace

I was shooting in Oregon a few years ago - got up to the mountains about 4am - most amazing clear sky with no light pollution. The fullest sky of stars i've ever seen.

Looked up and saw this bright flash, and then two lights travelling away from each other in straight lines - wondered what the hell it was, but checked the news on our return

and it was the Shuttle disengaging from the Space Station.

Light aircraft still flying - ban only applies to controlled airspace

There were lots of light aircraft enjoying "controlled airspace" at the weekend. I saw many flying through Stansted airspace.

A mate of mine with a ppl said it was heaven up there with no commercial planes to worry about and most people were given permission to fly across commercial airports. I suppose it keeps ATC busy. Requests for 'touch and go' landings were declined though.

There were lots of light aircraft enjoying "controlled airspace" at the weekend. I saw many flying through Stansted airspace.

A mate of mine with a ppl said it was heaven up there with no commercial planes to worry about and most people were given permission to fly across commercial airports. I suppose it keeps ATC busy. Requests for 'touch and go' landings were declined though.

Lots of light aircraft flying across Gatwick too - must get up there, just to say I've done it !!