Are you British ?.......

Harnser

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fathers parents were both Italian ,but my father was born in london . My mothers father was an ulsterman who had strong family ties with Scotland . My mothers mother was a Jock . So am I the only Irish Italian Jock on the forum ?. I am a realist and a patriot of this wonderful country that we live in and am glad to call myself British . Allbeit I am norfolk bred and born . And yes I do have an Italian surname .

Harnser .

Hey ole buddy.. What vowel does it end in :good:

God Knows what I am - see if you can work it out !

My Mum was from Dorset, of Cornish descent, but my blood group shows there is a sneaky Basque Spaniard (officially denied by the family, but proof positive) in there somewhere about 200 years ago :hmm::lol: .

My Dad was a Mancunian of 4th generation Scottish descent :good: , and i was born in Germany while my Dad was posted there with the RAF.

Just to confuse things, because I was not born in a British military hospital, I technically was partially German :good: and had to be naturalised as British (Oooh - Naasty !!) :good:

I am therefore officially 100% British by parentage and descent, whilst at the same time an ex-German citizen (Only for four hours apparently, but still official. :oops:

All guesses on a postcard to the British Embassy in Cologne.

(Maybe I should change my name to Manuel Fritz Jock McWurzel? )

Edited by Bloke

Mein Vater war Deutscher, Ruhe seiner Seele, und meine Mutter ist Schweizerin. Ich wurde in England geboren, damit ich ein Gerwissglander werden müssen.

So there!

Thats Nufink..... 100% Devonian... frew and frewwwwwwwwwwwwwww made in xequiter born in xequiter :oops:

I'm a chicharrero(from tenerife) and also a canarian( Canary Islands) but not a canary, which makes me Spanish. My mum's grandparent are from Galicia in the Northwest of Spain. I grew up with a lot of british friends and have always had a lot of admiration for Britain. Maybe we should have left Admiral Nelson beat us?

French Father, Half Welsh Mother, Born in Surrey England, now living up in Lancashire, so what does that make me? :good::good::good:

A right bleedin' mongrel? :oops::P:P (And proud of it!!!!!!!!)

My wife calls me an inbreed as I am from a small island but her family tree goes back 10 generations, all English from her mum's side. :hmm:

Edited by Pepe

English 100%, I am not a racist but i am defo English, not irish, scotish or welsh and i would expect an Irishman to say he was Irish and a scotsman to say he is scotish.

We were all born somewhere to parents of a nationality. Great Britain is where we live not where we are from.

British, both parents are Cypriot but I was born in the West End of London.

It's odd, though I am technically British I am regarded as Cypriot if that makes sense; But when I go to Cyprus I am English :oops: I am so confused!!!

Edited by Cosd