Can Still cut it.....................

Evil Elvis

:good: Went Aham, catfish fishiing yesterday but the pussies were having none of it.in the evening the carp started rolling in front of me, so i put the spair carp rod together, put a medium sized halibut pellet and a huge pva bag of pellets and lobbed it in amoungst the rolling carp. I didnt have another buzzer so i put it on the baitrunner and laid it on the floor, didnt have to wait long, the rod wizzed round and the runner screamed.After a long and very protracted fight, by which time i was convinced i had a cat on, I was in front of 7 feet of water and i would not come up off the bottom and fought just like a cat, then this lovely common weighing 23lb 8oz rolled in front of the net!! Wasnt what I was after but a welcome distraction!!!

b_193222.jpg

Where are you fishing for the cats? I start my yearly mission for them next week at Claydon in Bucks.

Im spoilt, In less than a mile from my house i have Jmmies and Woddys, both with cats to over 60LB!!!

Mungler....I just had a week of the squits....no thanks!! :good:

Why all the silly comments about range and using things like a .222 or .223? Anyone knows that if you want one of them all you need is a 17HMR with Iron Sights at 450 yards. Simples!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Nice fish EE, I'll get the chip pan on shall I?

so was this at 300 yards plus tongueff.gif

Nope, over 100 Yards with a bag of pellets on board, but you wouldnt be able to get worm baits out there without spreading bits of the all over the lake...........

and as for range, I have cast a measured 280 yards with 8lb line, shock leader and a 3.5 ounce lead on a diawa dictatorz 12' 2 3/4lb stepped up and a shimano aerolex!!!! 225 with bait on!!! :good:

i can actually cast a lot futher with a carp rod than with a beachcaster!!!

Is this better?

193249.jpg

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................................

No seriously, did you catch that fish or did you just threaten it and it came to you?

Edited by Cosd

Nope, over 100 Yards with a bag of pellets on board, but you wouldnt be able to get worm baits out there without spreading bits of the all over the lake...........

and as for range, I have cast a measured 280 yards with 8lb line, shock leader and a 3.5 ounce lead on a diawa dictatorz 12' 2 3/4lb stepped up and a shimano aerolex!!!! 225 with bait on!!! :good:

i can actually cast a lot futher with a carp rod than with a beachcaster!!!

You should get yourself on the international circuit, World records beckon with that sort of casting.

Even the pros can't do that sort of distance