£1800 vet bills

shot shot

PYR8 hit the nail on the head there, it's a pet and she obviously loved it like many others love there dogs etc. I was astonished by the money people spend at my fathers practice, dogs with diabetes having thousands spent on them each year, insured or not. The same way you have the same respect for all of your quarry... She somehow had it for a chicken!

My other half take chickens to the vets...

Most weve ever paid is £50 in 1 hit for lab samples etc.Anything over that would end in a tragic way for a chicken... :w00t:

I have paid £30 to mend a white pheasant chicks leg which i accidently trod on and broke and that was on a bank holiday weekend aswell!

My other half has told our vet that she looks upon them as pets whereas me being a farmer boy looks at them as livestock so any big bills just wouldnt happen.

I blame the husbands...

a kind of chicken joke...why did the wife cross the road?

wait for it...

More to the point what the hell was she doing out of the kitchen! :w00t:

OK I'm now heading for the shelter with my hard hat on.

My neighbour found a Collared Dove walking around in the field next to my house, someone had shot at it and only damaged a wing (missus blames me). Anyway my neighbour has had this thing about three weeks, and he reackoned it was getting near time to let it go.

The missus just says to my mates wife that she hopes it stays away from my veg garden otherwise it was a wasted 3 weeks :w00t: - I've got a new name now "the B*ast*rd from next door" and it looks like the bird is to become a perminent pet.