Serious stock advice needed

Ricko

Hi, I picked this up earlier in the year.

It is 3" magnum chamber so I thought it was worth saving.

I do not have the missing piece of stock.

It is a Zabala circa 1970

Advice please!!

post-18483-1277147219.jpg

post-18483-1277147237.jpg

seen posts from straightshooter1 in the past on here he mends stocks,give him a pm its worth a punt

Mmm, good advice, but...

• Have tried all dealers in the area.
  • Have seen one at Holts, but it's too far away and the RFD costs would be too much.
  • Don't know where to start with getting someone to do an another stock at the right price
  • Have been in touch with straighshooter but I think he only does repairs and not basket cases.

As i said the only things in favour are that it is a 3" magnum chamber!!

Cheers

Make one? I've made a couple for air rifles and they're quite easy, time consuming but easy. :oops:

Or you could just donate the gun to me, I'll give it a good and loving home (with a new stock) :no:

Edited by rodp

I considered making one but have not got any walnut or beech, I don't think that pine would be suitable?:no:?

Might have to think about selling or a swap it owes me very little.

Has it got to be walnut or beech, surely any stock is better than none. Practise on some cheap stuff then make a good one when something decent comes along. :oops:

I have marked out a piece of pine and have access to a bandsaw and a bench belt sander, but...

I spent most of my Design Technology days at school in the metalwork shop (grade A 'O' level :oops: ) so I can always knock up a great boot scraper or garden trowel!

I am not sure that I have the patience :no:

I have marked out a piece of pine and have access to a bandsaw and a bench belt sander, but...

I spent most of my Design Technology days at school in the metalwork shop (grade A 'O' level :oops: ) so I can always knock up a great boot scraper or garden trowel!

I am not sure that I have the patience :(

Ha-ha, and me, always the metal shop then an apprenticeship in it (remember those).

You'll find it very therapeutic, just start with the thoughts that it's going to be slow and enjoyable. Start from the slot for the action and work outwards, that way if you get an error with the cut out (like out of centre) it makes no odds, you just work from that.

:no:

You should be aware that as it stands at the moment you have a section one firearm there, maybe even a section five. If I were you I would take the broken bit off and chuck it, that way there can be no misunderstanding.

If you want to keep the broken bit as a template then put it somewhere safe, preferably off your premises.

Edited by Vince Green

Vince Green: Thanks for that wood is off at the moment, interesting situation.

big mick11: Thanks but they only have o/u stocks

Dekers: Thanks have emailed pics to them

Edward: Thanks I contacted him, but I think that he only does repairs and not making new stocks

Cheers, fellas :rolleyes: