decent gun shop in suffolk/norfolk/essex

maverick123

Simpsons of Newmarket ... Barry & Paul are both well known clay shooters and a pleasure to deal with. For the other end of Suffolk there's Trulock & Harris (Jason).

After that it depends how far you want to travel.

It may be worth planning an outing to somewhere you can try before you buy ......?

Simpsons of Newmarket ... Barry & Paul are both well known clay shooters and a pleasure to deal with. For the other end of Suffolk there's Trulock & Harris (Jason).

It may be worth planning an outing to somewhere you can try before you buy ......?

Simpsons gets a thumbs up from me too. Popped in there today with my mate he picked up a nice 410 at a good price and I set up my .22 fingers crossed on the FAC. Very friendly and helpful.

phillip webster of great ellingham, norfolk

google it mate

Another vote for Phillip, helluva nice bloke

I'd suggest a few others - Nelsons (Norwich), Coopers (South Walsham), CountrySports (North Walsham) but they're probably too far north.

Leech & Sons in Borham (Essex) also just off the A12, Run by Dave Poole.

It is a small shop but a good stock of guns. Dave will give you the time to find a gun that will fit, and if i needs a tweek left or right his dad, Frank makes a very good job of the stock.

All the work is done in house, with Dave doing all the repairs and setting up of guns ect.

TEH

Mallard Barn at Wattisham http://www.mallardbarn.co.uk/shop.asp

Richard is a top bloke and get in touch with Bernie Farrow for some instruction - Richard has his number.

Bernie is a genuine nice guy who takes his time to teach you right and no fancy prices.

Look on Guntrader.co.uk to research your gun - I spent 3 months looking before finding the perfect (for me) gun from Essex Sporting in Great Baddow

Where in Suffolk are you?

• 2 weeks later...
hello

My shot gun cert arrived today and I would like to go have a look at some guns, i have a reasonable budget but cant get off work so is anywhere open Saturday with a decent range you would recommend?

thanks very much

Tom

johnathon brown easthorpe essex family run freindly and helpful

• 3 weeks later...

If you go to Trulock and Harris in Framlingham, or Richardsons in Halesworth, you are 5 minutes from High Lodge where you could go and have a few rounds to test out the new piece. High Lodge even have one or pieces themselves for sale.

Leech & Sons in Borham (Essex) also just off the A12, Run by Dave Poole.

It is a small shop but a good stock of guns. Dave will give you the time to find a gun that will fit, and if i needs a tweek left or right his dad, Frank makes a very good job of the stock.

All the work is done in house, with Dave doing all the repairs and setting up of guns ect.

TEH

Another vote for Eastern Sporting. Have a look on their site to see if anything suits. Alan will do you a good price on new as well if not in stock.

Top service, I have bought several guns from there and they are always my first choice. :good:

Just noticed you posted this in June and has been trawled up. may not be relevant now but still top service at Eastern sporting.

Edited by Dibs

If you go to Trulock and Harris in Framlingham, or Richardsons in Halesworth, you are 5 minutes from High Lodge where you could go and have a few rounds to test out the new piece. High Lodge even have one or pieces themselves for sale.

Another vote for Richardsons, Vere and Leon are a couple of characters who know their onions. Always have a good selection of new and used guns and very competitive prices.Also Free fitting with any gun purchased :good:

High Lodge is ok if you want a Blaser or an over priced secondhand Miroku :good: