another one for the clever boys.............

MM

I'm sure I read or heard someplace that someone (not too vague for you yet?) weighed a blank hard drive and then filled it with data, weighed it again and it weighed a tiny bit more, suggesting that data had a weight.

It sounded like a complete load of bullocks to me at the time but...

Here is another one.

If a jumbo with 300 passengers is in level flight, and the passengers all jump at once does it go up, because it no longer supports the weight of passengers or down due to Newtonian laws of physics where the force of all the people jumping pushes the plane in a downward direction........... or do I just need a good stiff drink and a decent nights sleep?

Here is another one.

If a jumbo with 300 passengers is in level flight, and the passengers all jump at once does it go up, because it no longer supports the weight of passengers or down due to Newtonian laws of physics where the force of all the people jumping pushes the plane in a downward direction........... or do I just need a good stiff drink and a decent nights sleep?

Similar to this: http://www.yourdiscovery.com/video/mythbus...-a-truck/?cc=US

This reminds me, me and the wife once had a very long and unusual argument.

It started like this, late one Saturday night we ran out of sugar and I cant stand tea or coffee without sugar.

There was no way we were going to get dressed and look for a place that sell sugar that time of the night.

No problem said the wife we have icing sugar, I said to her to only put one and a half spoons of the icing sugar in me tea.

As I stood there I noticed that she just disobeyed a direct order by putting two spoon full`s in instead of the one and a half that I instructed her to do, "That`s not right I said" she looked at me and said what not right?

I said to her that you just put in two sugars instead of the one and a half, she said, well you normally drink two bloody sugars in your tea why suddenly change it.

I said to her that the icing sugar is finer then normal sugar granules and that means that there are less air pockets if you like between the granules meaning that one and a half spoon full`s of icing sugar is the same as two with normal sugar.

**** me, the argument that followed was one hell of a drama, because neither of us can accept to be wrong.

Now I understand this and it makes sense that lift generated by the by a downward force of air that has to exert a higher force than the object it is lifting to overcome the inertia of the object will by newtons third law cause no change in the weight of the truck. However if the pigeons were exposed to a head wind at a speed that allowed the generation of lift in a similar way to a fixed wing aircraft ( ie if the truck were in motion) where the more rapid passage of air over the upper surface of the wing produces a partial vacuum that 'sucks' the craft into the air, rather than the lift being generated by a downward force. Would the same conclusion be reached ?

There are only 10 types of people in the world —

those who understand binary, and those who don't.

;):good:???:lol: :lol: :blush: id had rather a large amount of coffee this morning, and began asking myself daft questions. I now know that the information on a memory card is just a fixed change of electric current, which alters the make up of the number sequence that makes up the colours. as electricity weighs 0, then a memory card that is full, weighs the same as an empty one. Get it?

;):good:???:lol: :lol: :blush: id had rather a large amount of coffee this morning, and began asking myself daft questions. I now know that the information on a memory card is just a fixed change of electric current, which alters the make up of the number sequence that makes up the colours. as electricity weighs 0, then a memory card that is full, weighs the same as an empty one. Get it?

MM,

Given that elecricity is energy, and energy = mass x constant squared, then surely, electricity must have a mass, however, it can be argued that mass is not weight. How much a 1 weighs as opposed to a 0 is a question for someone far brighter than me! But apparently the photon that carries the 'force' of electricty does have a weight but it is neglible.

That's my google time exhausted for one day!

Cheers

AB