New direction for anti fox hunting fraternity

old rooster

The fox hunting ban is now well established so the armies of anti's must be looking for something else to do to fill their protesting days. If you follow the hunt (as it now exists) and come across anti's why not encourage them to join the fight against halal butchery ??

Ironically one can no longer pursue a traditional British pastime; fox hunting whereas a non-British minority can carry out a barbaric method of killing animals unhindered. The fox does have a chance to get away but any poor beast destined for the halal slaughterhouse is doomed to an unnecessarily slow, lingering death.

How can this be allowed in a country where animal welfare is given such priority, merely to appease a minority group. I can't find any RSPCA campaign relating to this practice so maybe it is not politically correct to challenge it.

It isn't one of OUR customs, it's bloody unnecessary and we should stand up against the hypocrisy that bans fox hunting while allowing this atrocity to continue unabated.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

For the uninformed amongst us :*) what is envolved with the halal butchery?

Thanks

BH

I believe it is basically where an animal is hung upside down whilst still alive and it's throat cut and left to bleed to death.

Only meat that is prepared this way is O.K. in the eyes of their God.

"Cover me in bacon and throw me at some Muslims ;) "

Hi

For the uninformed amongst us :*) what is envolved with the halal butchery?

Thanks

BH

Try this for a bit more info, quite a few links on the main page.

As you might expect the ******** who are at it deny that it causes suffering, maybe if that's the case it could be a way forward in dealing with terrorist scum ??.

If they want to continue to practice barbaric rituals they can foxtrot oscar back to where it's considered acceptable. !!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2977086.stm

If they want to continue to practice barbaric rituals they can foxtrot oscar back to where it's considered acceptable. !!!!

rooster

I am with you on this one and the sooner you are in the cabinet the better as far as I am concerned,

Only in glorious England would you find your county kin folk campaigning vociferously to ban our heritage and sporting history whilst at the same time not only tolerating, but welcoming jonnie foreigner and all his nasty ways and culture.

I am all for live and let live and I have no quarrel with another mans business as long as he respects mine in return, No doubt the antis will want the armed forces to carry tickling sticks next! thats just how stupid things are gettings. Enock Powell had it sussed in his rivers of blood speech, how ironic is the parallel!

Pavman on my soapbox

I've said this before ........If fox hunting was a pastime of the Black,Asian, and Gay Communities then this Goverment would'nt had touched it with a Barge pole .

They even postponed the pension bill of rights so as they could bring this bill forward in Parliament and get it passed .Good bit of Prioritising EH!! :<

Yes I'm all for the Banning of this unesessary type of Slaughter ............WHEN IN ROME,WHEN IN ROME.......About time it was put into practise.

Ive

rooster

Why don’t we start a new religion? (name suggestions please) it will require that we take from the field food for the table by means of gun, dog, ferret etc in order to show that we are able to fend for ourselves. and thus appease our god (s) no one will question this as they risk offending us as a minority, :<

sounds stupid but some tw*ts would probably stand up for us for a change ;)

now now guys...moderation and tolerance (especially at this time of year).

I'm inclined to agree that our nationality is under threat but I don't think we should necessarily critisise those with a different way of doing things. Every country has it's own ways and in any event do you killers of pigeons (and other wildlife) really find halal such a barbaric way of killing something? How do you despatch a wounded bird/animal??? Think about it. I remember making a comment to a pakistani who worked for me one time (in a light hearted manner you understand) that his countrymans houses always smelled of curry. His reply...yeah and yours always smell of cabbage! Vive le difference!

And I bet you wouldn't complain if we practised the art of maintaining a harem ;)

I have worked in a slaughterhouse for nearly 20years.Under uk laws every animal we slaughter should be anethatized or dead before bleeding.Halal and kosher slaughter is barbaric it's all to do with religion.What a load of bow locks.If they don't want to eat meat thats been stunned first become a vegartarion or leave the country. :<

Highlander Posted on Dec 19 2005, 01:02 PM

Every country has it's own ways and in any event do you killers of pigeons (and other wildlife) really find halal such a barbaric way of killing something? How do you despatch a wounded bird/animal???

I dont think the true countrymen among us who enjoy our sport like to see any animal suffer un-necessarily.

I think old rooster has hit the nail on the head

QUOTE (old rooster @ Dec 19 2005, 10:00 AM)

Our country our ways of life if they dont like it they no what to do!!!!!

cheers all jeff

now now guys...moderation and tolerance (especially at this time of year).

I'm inclined to agree that our nationality is under threat but I don't think we should necessarily critisise those with a different way of doing things. Every country has it's own ways and in any event do you killers of pigeons (and other wildlife) really find halal such a barbaric way of killing something? How do you despatch a wounded bird/animal??? Think about it. I remember making a comment to a pakistani who worked for me one time (in a light hearted manner you understand) that his countrymans houses always smelled of curry. His reply...yeah and yours always smell of cabbage! Vive le difference!

And I bet you wouldn't complain if we practised the art of maintaining a harem :lol:

I think the point being made is that while it's considered to hunt Foxes is barbaric it's OK for our Muslim friends to conduct their religious acts of Slaughter .

A part of our way of life is now made illegal while a totally nothing to do with our cultre is overlooked .

Hunting with Dogs has been conducted on these shores for Hundreds of years ...........Halhal Slaughter as not ;)

Ive

Every country has it's own ways.

Precisely my point old bean, unnecessary, barbaric slaughter of animals in this manner ain't one of ours.

There is a big difference between despatching wounded game which you've made every effort to kill humanely and killing animals en masse in an intentionally slow, cruel way.

The poor beasts have no sporting chance and it's not just the actual act of having it's throat cut, think how it must panic while being restrained sufficiently to be hacked at by the scumbag killer !!!

Can you imagine the effort required to subdue a fully grown cow !!!

I watched a documentary about a small slaughter house up north a few months ago. Aswell as conventional slaughtering they did halal.

The thing that struck me was the respect shown by the halal slaughterman compared to the normal one. The halal chap had a huge very broad knife that was sharpened between each animal and to check it was sharp and had no marks on the blade he ran it along his thumb nail. The cow walked into a frame and a cradle lifted up the head exposing its throat. In one move the head was almost cut off and the blood flew out of the beast. The animal was dead very quickly and I don't believe it would have known much about the whole thing. The area was washed down between each slaughter.

The conventional slaughters were a bit of a laugh for the blokes involved and there was no respect at all.

I dont have a problem with it as long as it is done to this standard.

Old Rooster,

Would you have a problem with it fox hunting had not been banned and do you think we should still be allowed to badger and bear bait, cock fight and hare coarse as they were traditional british activities in times gone by?

Or is it just a race thing?

Harry

The complaints about the "cruelty" associated with the keeping and killing of creatures, that we will eventually eat, has been around for donkey's years.

Veal calves, force fed geese, battery hens, turkeys, sheep and pig transport, TV exposure of slaughter house practices, etc., etc.

I'm not sure if we are complaining about halal and kosher slaughtering methods because they are cruel, or because we don't eat food prepared this way (knowingly).

The Government banned hunting with hounds as it was persuaded by a voiciferous lobby that it was cruel.

The fact that Tesco don't sell frozen fox pieces may also have helped. ;)

Sort of on-topic? ..................................

After many cities not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights and Xmas trees.

After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

After hearing of a Primary School in Birmingham where a boy was told that for PE they could wear Football League shirts (Aston Villa, Birmingham,West Brom etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others!

This prompted the editorial below written by a UK citizen and proported to have been published in a British tabloid newspaper.

Quote:-

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITON'S, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.

Since the terrorist attacks on London, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits. However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the "politically correct" crowd begin complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some

born here, need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic,Chinese,Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, LEARN THE LANGUAGE!

"In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles,founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture. If the St. George's Cross offends you, or you

don't like " A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY,OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE". If you aren't happy here then f#@k off! We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

Pretty easy really, when you think about it.'

;)

Edited by marlin.45