How to guarantee pigeons

Clamps

After a particularly frustrating session the other day I decided to compile a list of things guaranteed to bring the pigeons in:-

They are on the field when you drive to your chosen spot - only to fly off.

They appear when you are setting up the decoys - only to flare away.

Try pouring a coffee/opening a can/eating lunch - that brings them in - when your guns on the floor.

Looking in one direction - they come in the other - snap shots rarely hit the mark

Tidying up the pattern (assuming you have hit anything by this stage) - see setting up

Your friendly local farmer passes by for a chat - they come in by droves - just to make you look like you are making no difference.

Any one else had a day like that? :blush:

After a particularly frustrating session the other day I decided to compile a list of things guaranteed to bring the pigeons in:-

Try pouring a coffee/opening a can/eating lunch - that brings them in - when your guns on the floor.

Looking in one direction - they come in the other - snap shots rarely hit the mark

Tidying up the pattern (assuming you have hit anything by this stage) - see setting up

Your friendly local farmer passes by for a chat - they come in by droves - just to make you look like you are making no difference.

Any one else had a day like that? :good:

answering the phone twice :blush: this afternoon

Any one else had a day like that? :D

thats sounds like a any of my days lol

Les :):lol::hmm:

Any one else had a day like that? :good:

police turn up to check you out then pigeons turn up in flocks :good:

dont forget when you're taking a leak behind a tree and there's 10 of them watching you :good: only to fly off when you zip up

dont zip up then, not the first time ive shot a few with it hanging out :good::lol: :lol:

usually appear just as youre changing chokes, or set the gun down for a smoke (i find) :oops:

• 1 month later...

Such experiences are well known :yes:

But especially that point above you can us as an advantage.

Friend told me about some crow hunting:

They have been sitting in the hide for 2 hours without on crow coming in. My friend suddenly advices his fellow to make himself ready for shooting. He will have a deep grab in the bag of tricks and will show him now the ultimate trick of all.

The friend was really curios and happy about getting to know on the first day of shooting such useful tricks.

So my friend takes out his cigarets and a lighter and starts smoking. His fellow was like: What the ....

But in between 2 minutes a crow came into the pattern and could be shot. The shooter was like :hmm:.

Just before asking his question my friend answers him: Experience bro, experiences :look: