airgun b.b.s

sad lad

:D It seems to have allowed itself to get hijacked into a general enquiry/chat forum that includes airguning rather than tother way round.

In addition - and I have bought items there myself, it's also become a bit of a "harmless (innit) dealers" arcade - not too bad in itself if it was sponsored by a non gun dealer, but imagine how its non advertising sponsor must feel subsiding competition... taking the **** that is ;)

I would'nt incur more costs to keep up with the burgeoning flood of threads that have so little to do with airgun techniques/tips etc.

I recently saw threads about a nissan micra throttle body - which I sorted, a citroen berlinga diesel engine won't start, control line 'plane flying, wooden model boat building, some woman who was directed there as a good place for idle chit chat - but no interest in guns... oooo the mind boggles.

If it got back to mainly airgunning/bbs I think it would be a brilliant forum

And before you know it - somebody is bound to ask "what's better, .177 or .22?"

The place has gone to the dogs....... ;):D

It does have it's up and down sides, a bit like this forum really.

Different strokes for different folks.

Enzo

P.S. Edited due to a 'brain cloud' episode!!

Edited by Enzo

I got the impression the Airgun BBS was run by target shooters that aren't too fond of us shooting animals. ;)

I've met a few anti hunting target guys in the past, it's like they think we tarnish their image because we're gun owners that kill things and we're in the same boat as them, all tarred with the same brush etc.

Mark.

Edited by M ROBSON

The BBS site is fundamentally an airgun site. So I would imagine there are a lot of airgun HFT users on the site.

There is section for rimfire/centerfire

The wanted and for sale section is very busy. You can loose track of anything you sell within half a day. Its on the top page in the morning, give it 6 hours and your item is 3 pages back

One a two RFD's use the site. There is some very knowledgable guys on there when it comes to FAC issues

Its a massive site compared to this which is expected considering they have

Threads: 79,481, Posts: 705,571, Members: 11,232

Jonno

I got the impression the Airgun BBS was run by target shooters that aren't too fond of us shooting animals. ;)

Mark.

Mark, how wrong can you be. Yes there are quite a few who only shoot targets but I would say that the majority of people who post on there do hunt.

Quite a few hunters have also taken up the new HFT (Hunter Field Target) target shooting.

Edited by Al Buck

>I was talking about the people who RUN the site.

It's owned by the owner of Ramsbottom's I believe, and most of the mods are practical shooters, people like Baz and TD. I have been on it for a few years, there is not really any anti killing that I have come accross, the only thing I can think of that you might mean is the fact they don't like postings of kill pictures.

That is fair enough considering that the BBS is probably the most likely forum to be visited by a journo/anti

IIRC it has already been mentioned in a couple of papers :)