200 wood pigeon on rape stubble

Si-Bore

On Thursday I went to look around the fields for a good flightline with my 2 friends. Both relative novices to the sport in the hope to offer them some good sport to get settled in. We fired a few shots into a big rape stubble field to move off a stack of birds hanging about in the pine wood attached to the stubble field. It was apparent that after 30 mins there was a flightline evident to we headed over to the other side of the field and got set up in 2 hides along the tree line to cover flightline. The birds came in from 11am to 7pm and at first it was more like flighline shooting than decoying but it changed half way through as the birds started to decoy. My friend in the hide further down shot 30 and I shared my hide taking turns to shoot with my other friend who is very new to the sport and made some serious progress in his shooting by the end. If I had been alone in the hide I am sure I would have shot 200+ myself but I was glad to have offered him the opportunity to improve his own shooting. :hmm: They both really enjoyed it and I'm sure they learnt a lot. Especially Steve who shared my hide as when he started shooting on the day missed many birds but then got settled in and even nailed a couple of pairs! :hmm:

1283029856.jpg

Edited by Si-Bore

On Thursday I went to look around the fields for a good flightline with my 2 friends. Both relative novices to the sport in the hope to offer them some good sport to get settled in. We fired a few shots into a big rape stubble field to move off a stack of birds hanging about in the pine wood attached to the stubble field. It was apparent that after 30 mins there was a flightline evident to we headed over to the other side of the field and got set up in 2 hides along the tree line to cover flightline. The birds came in from 11am to 7pm and at first it was more like flighline shooting than decoying but it changed half way through as the birds started to decoy. My friend in the hide further down shot 30 and I shared my hide taking turns to shoot with my other friend who is very new to the sport and made some serious progress in his shooting by the end. If I had been alone in the hide I am sure I would have shot 200+ myself but I was glad to have offered him the opportunity to improve his own shooting. :hmm: They both really enjoyed it and I'm sure they learnt a lot. Especially Steve who shared my hide as when he started shooting on the day missed many birds but then got settled in and even nailed a couple of pairs! :hmm:

1283029856.jpg

good shooting mate nice big bag hope i can do this one day lol *** on the sunderland lads :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: