Man-type stuff

Ricko

Moved 3 tonnes of top soil from the front garden to the back, packed it down and leveled it off and then laid 48 Sq meters of turf....did three tip runs and cut the grass (no not the turf) all on my own and due the wife being away with the kids ive had to make my own lunch and dinner!

knackered now so not doing another thing today.

Medals awarded all round.

A great deal of manly pursuits undertaken.

• You can never have too many log stores or logs.
  • Sloes ready ehh, not by me yet.
  • Be careful with those diy tasks.
  • Good to note a few doin' the old home brew.

Made some more runner bean pickle 'tis been a good year for them again, see recipe section.

Made some plum wine!!

Arranged to get some wood to board out the trailer (they are breeding, 4 on the go)

Had a nice foraging walk with the gf.

All good stuff!!

Got home from work to see two plumbers trying to clear the next doors drain then got told its all three house drains that are blocked :good: so we tried to rod it and they say im not putting my hands down there so i pulled on the wadders and fished about :hmm::good: till i found the cover and they still couldnt sort it. So now got to phone scottish water and see what they say. Does that count as manly?

I went to Peterborough Beerfest on Friday, didn't drink a single pint of anything under 7%, managed to hang on to the door of a taxi for 200 yards (and even then I stayed on my feet) fell asleep on the kitchen floor, dragged myself upstairs and spent the whole night puking.

Spent all of saturday in bed while my missus took the dogs out, did the shopping, mowed the lawn and did the housework. It was HER 30th birthday that day.

Manly :good:

LAD ^^^

The rest of my family are away so I have made a man fridge. This is done by removing all non-essentials such as vegetables and orange juice, and then replacing the empty space with ready meals, cider, milk, cider, meat and more cider. Tomorrow I am going pigeon shooting, then having a BBQ, then on Wednesday I'm going paintballing.

FM :yes:

Rode my Husaberg FS650 up to Waxham sunday evening, drank until 5.30am with friends, slept till 10.30 am, rode home at 11.30, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear........wheelie, ate cornish pasty and chips for dinner, now sat with a crate of John Smiths on here. Matches are holding my eyes open.

Made some more runner bean pickle 'tis been a good year for them again, see recipe section.

Runner Bean Pickle....... do you save that for unwelcome guests or what? You'll be telling folks you love Brussell Sprouts next.

There are 4 things I hate brussels, runner beans, marrows, and cabbage.

Made some plum wine!!
Now ya talking

Today I have:

Sharpened my chainsaw blade, full strip down and clean up then ate through a boot load of logs ( I put the seats down, there were lots of logs that I had 'paid for' )

Cleaned the car inside and out, minus a few man-points for actually using the hoover for hoovering rather than just emptying out the fire grate at warp-speed with it

Held my breath for a good 90 seconds (whilst cleaning up vile dog **** all over the kitchen)

Pumped iron for 45 mins, in a vest

watched two hours of Top Gear on Dave.

chilled out in the morning. waited for Peeown and clan to arrive. Off to the beach to support the lifeboats :good: Watched a Spitfire doing its thing :yes::good: Then some lunch with a few beers :yes::lol:;) , All back to mine, chopped wood for the burner in the garden (thats the manly bit) and then we sat in the garden talking fishing, guns and drinking wine till we ran out :yay:

I took the cylinder head off my lawnmower and had an amatuer attempt at gas flowing it with a dremmel and a file!

GRRRRR.

Was this just for the hell of it and did it work when (if) you got it back together again?

This sounds like the sort of stupid thing I would try and fail!

Dan