Morgage END

wabbitbosher

I went into the Building society today with a Whopper Cheque from the life assurance and Paid it off today !

Felt a bit odd , they offered me Coffee not Champagne , it kinda felt like i should have been wearing a suit

What a Day !!!

Big Brother and My Morgage ending on the same Day

25 Years Three Marriages, "TWO" Visits to County Court over the years when the Leeds Tried to take it from me

Like two life sentences

BIG can of Guinness (part of my Christmas pressie form the Late Mr Phil Surridge)

Sittin in MY Chair in MY HOUSE !!!!

been there done the divorce lost the house start again thing, but nearly there for me July 24Th 2012 my mortgage is paid off, funnily enough its the same day I take early retirement :look: , 38 years pensionable service = a cracking annual pension and a whopping lump sum, bring it on :look:

KW

Paid mine off a few years ago, I was well pleased but it was strange it still didnt seem any different and I still dont know where my money goes lol and the missus is always looking to move to a place with loads of land, her dream is a small holding (she only has to put her hands in my pants :look: ) only last night she dragged me off to look at another house, 4 bedroomed set in about half an acre, it has some advantage its backs straight out on to my shooting land, so I could cut a hole in the fence lol.

she can dream though Im not getting any older and certainly dont want any more debts now Im free of them.

Alan

Well Done, any chance you could re-mortgage and you could pay mine off :look:

Divorced and started all over again, got about another 15 years to go........gave up even thinking about paying it off,

Funny how things turn out, but im so much happier these days, not loaded but comfortable, although we struggle a bit near the end of each month like all next week :look: but hey lifes for living....think i better do the lottery tonight :cry1:

Congrats mate - free again

I said after being stuffed by 15% interest rate in mid 70's I would get rid of mine as soon as *** -- sold up in Brum and bought a place in shropshire - no one wanted to live in sticks because we then had a fuel crisis so it was cheap - put every penny down on new house and got smallest mortgage moved in with 35 quid in bank - I upped payments and paid off lump sums.