New to the forum

fidel

Hi.First time on the forum,so hello to everyone .I have recently aquired my sgc and need to know which option I should take.I want to buy an U+O gun to be used mainly for clay pigeon shooting,but also a bit of rough shooting.Is it best to buy a new cheaper gun or a more expensive second hand gun.What make should I be looking for,one gun I did read about in a gun magazine was the Lanber Sporting Deluxe.What are these guns like.Any info you can supply would be very welcome. :blink:

Thanks.

Welcome to PW.

I shoot as do many others a Beretta Silver Pigeon, these are extremely well made and will last a life time, these have sold in there 1000's so getting a good secondhand one to fit your budget should be no problem. I personaly would have a look secondhand for now and after a while when you have decided what you like you can chop it in for something else. I would expect a Beretta would hold its price well compared to other makes, but i am no expert. If i was you i would try and find somewhere where you can try the gun you are looking at before buying and gun fit is an important factor as well.

Hi.First time on the forum,so hello to everyone .I have recently aquired my sgc and need to know which option I should take.I want to buy an U+O gun to be used mainly for clay pigeon shooting,but also a bit of rough shooting.Is it best to buy a new cheaper gun or a more expensive second hand gun.What make should I be looking for,one gun I did read about in a gun magazine was the Lanber Sporting Deluxe.What are these guns like.Any info you can supply would be very welcome. :blink:

Thanks.

hi and welcome mate ,what kind of budget are you on?, if its no problem i would go beretta,

Hi.First time on the forum,so hello to everyone .I have recently aquired my sgc and need to know which option I should take.I want to buy an U+O gun to be used mainly for clay pigeon shooting,but also a bit of rough shooting.Is it best to buy a new cheaper gun or a more expensive second hand gun.

Try and get a few lessons on clays and see which guns you get and which feel better, some grounds have shops on site, some have them down the road etc so worth building a relationship

Hi.First time on the forum,so hello to everyone .I have recently aquired my sgc and need to know which option I should take.I want to buy an U+O gun to be used mainly for clay pigeon shooting,but also a bit of rough shooting.Is it best to buy a new cheaper gun or a more expensive second hand gun.What make should I be looking for,one gun I did read about in a gun magazine was the Lanber Sporting Deluxe.What are these guns like.Any info you can supply would be very welcome. :D

Thanks.

Try as many guns as you can.

At most clay clubs the membership are normally good/kind enough to let you have a go of their gun, this will give you an insight to the many differing types of gun available, lenght of barrel, semi auto, side by side etc.

Do not rush in to buy until you have tried.

Ask Pigeon watch members which of your local clay clubs they attend, arrange to meet up and have a try, and make some very good friends.

The majority, if not all members are really nice and helpful.

Cheers

bakerboy

• 2 weeks later...