pigeon shooting

guys short notice but have late rape drillings next to fresh cut maze stubble

over the nxt 4 days before the maze field is ploughed there is some awsome shooting to be had

so fully guided £100 per gun up to 10 guns per day

if u can shoot straight expect bags of 100 plus easy

location is cambridge

cheers lee

Edited by lee-stroud

But your not paying per bird, you are paying for the guides time and effort in providing you with a days sport. He has to do the recces, see the farmers right, pay his fuel and other costs and pay for his professional sporting guide insurance (which is quite a few pounds more than BASC).

But your not paying per bird, you are paying for the guides time and effort in providing you with a days sport. He has to do the recces, see the farmers right, pay his fuel and other costs and pay for his professional sporting guide insurance (which is quite a few pounds more than BASC).

Assuming he gets 10 guns per day, he's also got to pay the other 9 guides, they too will obviously have Professional sporting guide insurance to pay??

Either that or fully guided refers to taking £100 off you, getting you set up in a field and repeating the process with the next bloke.

Gotta say it's too expensive for me, but may be of interest to a beginner/ novice.

Assuming he gets 10 guns per day, he's also got to pay the other 9 guides, they too will obviously have Professional sporting guide insurance to pay??

Either that or fully guided refers to taking £100 off you, getting you set up in a field and repeating the process with the next bloke.

Gotta say it's too expensive for me, but may be of interest to a beginner/ novice.

to confirm mate there would be 3 guides to 10 guns and yes the insurance is not cheap

but thank you any way

cheers lee

Guys, give the fella a break. He's offering decent days sport for £100, if you have permision then it might be too much, but on the same token that might be a decent deal for a red letter day assuming that it is of course.

Point is if you aren't interested then don't post. He's not robbing anyone as he is telling you what it will cost, so take it or leave it!

Going back 15 years we used to book £15k partridge days between 6 of us.

Theses days I reckon a good day at pigeon is hard to beat.

The shoot i now own/run will cost you £300 for a day at pheasant and for that you'll get about 11 birds per gun.

guys short notice but have late rape drillings next to fresh cut maze stubble

over the nxt 4 days before the maze field is ploughed there is some awsome shooting to be had

so fully guided £100 per gun up to 10 guns per day

if u can shoot stright expect bags of 100 plus easy

location is cambridge

cheers lee

Here we go again, moaning at an offer.

If you do not like the price move on.

If you are going to offer advice on the price, do it in a way that is not having ago, or appears to be having a go at the person making the offer

If you do like the price, book it, and have a good day, that way every one is happy.

If we keep on moaning about the offers that come up you know what will happen, they won't come up, and will go elsewhere.

If everyone found getting permissions easy to get hold of there would be little or no need for offers, but it is not that easy.

bakerboy

Terry

Here we go again, moaning at an offer.

If you do not like the price move on.

If you are going to offer advice on the price, do it in a way that is not having ago, or appears to be having a go at the person making the offer

If you do like the price, book it, and have a good day, that way every one is happy.

If we keep on moaning about the offers that come up you know what will happen, they won't come up, and will go elsewhere.

If everyone found getting permissions easy to get hold of there would be little or no need for offers, but it is not that easy.

bakerboy

Terry

Well said. I have had all sorts of grief for charging for pigeon shooting, but it is my job, I dont expect to go into a garage and have the mechanic do the car service for free just because its fun and he enjoys it...

Anyone who thinks it's easy money might want to come and work with me for a week, humping kit across muddy fields, driving miles and miles doing recce's, dragging gas guns in and out of fields, fixing equipment and keeping dozens of farmers happy. A days pigeon shooting is great, but imagine taking people pigeon shooting and not getting your gun out when the action is good because you have to go prepare for the next day.

A lot of people do not either have permissions or have the time to do all the recce work to get a decent day. Or as I get, just a lot of people who want a break and change of shooting scenery. It seems, that pigeon shooting is not seen as being worthy of payment unlike driven days or stalking. Yet people will happily a couple of hundred quid or more to shoot 10 pheasant or go for a walk where you may or may not see a Deer...

Well said. I have had all sorts of grief for charging for pigeon shooting, but it is my job, I dont expect to go into a garage and have the mechanic do the car service for free just because its fun and he enjoys it...

Anyone who thinks it's easy money might want to come and work with me for a week, humping kit across muddy fields, driving miles and miles doing recce's, dragging gas guns in and out of fields, fixing equipment and keeping dozens of farmers happy. A days pigeon shooting is great, but imagine taking people pigeon shooting and not getting your gun out when the action is good because you have to go prepare for the next day.

A lot of people do not either have permissions or have the time to do all the recce work to get a decent day. Or as I get, just a lot of people who want a break and change of shooting scenery. It seems, that pigeon shooting is not seen as being worthy of payment unlike driven days or stalking. Yet people will happily a couple of hundred quid or more to shoot 10 pheasant or go for a walk where you may or may not see a Deer...

fair point well made. if i didnt have any shooting - i would pay for a days shooting with the benefit of someone who has done the groundwork and put me in a good spot.

It seems, that pigeon shooting is not seen as being worthy of payment unlike driven days or stalking. Yet people will happily a couple of hundred quid or more to shoot 10 pheasant

Surely the point is that you pay for a phesant shoot because the animals and their upkeep cost money whereas shooting pigeon is a benefit to the landowner but has cost them nothing. You are surely helping them rather than costing them.

In this instance I know there is more to the concept, hence an understandable charge, that I am not critiquing.

Well, I have no permissions and am a returner to shooting after a rest of several years and have booked elsewhere...closer to home...for 2 days now.

Not been before with the guide in question but i do remember the exhilaration of woodie shooting when even half a dozen hard earned wary woodies was a good day out, better sport in fact than some days I had when they were suicidal andI am willing to pay if I have to for that experience again.

I could easily spend the cost of the days in fuel, aimlessly driving and hoping for permissions so to me, a guided day such as those on offer here are a godsend.

If you have free shooting, best of luck but please dont knock the lifelines to people like me who have nothing.

I know that pigeon shooting can be hit or miss ( sorry for the pun).

Alot of advertising posts are quoting numbers.

The post sounds like you are selling a service so i think that i could be a little risky quoting numbers.

What someone never gets a shot off.

Sorry for the awkward question.

this is where GUIDED means what it says

,if some one is having trouble hitting there targets ill do my up most to help them, explain where there going wrong, what needs changing ect

and before offering people the chance of these days like said before theres alot of driving and waiting and watching goes on to make sure the birds and numbers are there like this offer in question these birds really are there in there 1000s not flocking just shear numbers so trust me when i say i can promise they will get shots off

cheers lee

Edited by lee-stroud