cartridge selection for Fox’s

Winchester XX magnum 2 1/4 oz of No.2 (US) copper plated shot and buffered load through the tightest chokes you have, stunning pattern, that needs to be seen to be believed.

I patterned it in 12 bore 3" load 50gm 2`s and it was 90% in a 30" circle at 40yds, killed a fox at 50yds, no bother at all ! Not tried it in 3 1/2" but expect the same performance.

I use Fiocchi 3" 52g 3s or 0s through my Magnum when after foxes, they do the job nicely. Saying that, i shot one yesterday with a game cartridge, it was fairly close range though. :blink:

Yep, same here. when i have to use a shotgun then the 52g 3 are what i go for. charlie bowls over every time. you just need to keep the range sensible and put your bead on its knees so the recoil pulls the muzzle up into the vital areas.

Phil.

Winchester XX magnum 2 1/4 oz of No.2 (US) copper plated shot and buffered load through the tightest chokes you have, stunning pattern, that needs to be seen to be believed.

I patterned it in 12 bore 3" load 50gm 2`s and it was 90% in a 30" circle at 40yds, killed a fox at 50yds, no bother at all ! Not tried it in 3 1/2" but expect the same performance.

My dad bagged a large dog fox with that combination yesterday, we don't normally shoot foxes but when there are four running around the farm where we bag our pheasants he thought would take one.

where can i buy these shells henry ?

Another left handed Super black eagle owner.........thats two of us!

I use Winchester 3 1/2" Drylok in 1s....i think they are an ounce and 9/16ths ......they do the trick through half choke at quite good ranges,but the only time they are in the gun is when your baited/sitting waiting for a fox or out on the geese.

My dad bagged a large dog fox with that combination yesterday, we don't normally shoot foxes but when there are four running around the farm where we bag our pheasants he thought would take one.

Only one, get a centerfire rifle and shoot the lot !!, 3 foxes will kill a lot of pheasants over a year.

A

Another left handed Super black eagle owner.........thats two of us!

I use Winchester 3 1/2" Drylok in 1s....i think they are an ounce and 9/16ths ......they do the trick through half choke at quite good ranges,but the only time they are in the gun is when your baited/sitting waiting for a fox or out on the geese.

Hi, SBE 2 cracking gun! where can you buy the Winchester Drylocks?

Shaun