another crime

pavman

Poor mum in law had her bungalow broken into some time Friday night they took the window strips out on her older style UPVC windows and took the glass out to get into the home, police said this type of window is a security risk as the retaining beads are fitted to the outside and can be removed in less than 20 seconds with a screw driver and its a common means of getting into people’s homes....... please check yours, they took what they could carry including some family jewellery of great sentimental value. It could have been worse but she has now been hit twice in less than a month as her car was stolen and trashed. I will be fitting the same CCTV system i now have, and we have left the terrier for company and a bit of fuss, police said they do not expect to catch anyone unless the items turn up and lead them to the culprits........... so just like that, crime recorded and just about closed in the next breath! the attending officer had more similar cases to go to when he left, problem is she has only just moved to downsize and be nearer us and now this has really upset her, I would like 10 mins alone with the offenders but doubt that will happen............

The old windows we had that were beaded on the outside had a double sided sticky foam on the inside. it took the window company an hour to get one window out. :hmm::)

I agree with Pavman, closed door correction would be a good result :good: . Pavman for home secretary anyone? :good:

The old windows we had that were beaded on the outside had a double sided sticky foam on the inside. it took the window company an hour to get one window out. :hmm::)

I agree with Pavman, closed door correction would be a good result :good: . Pavman for home secretary anyone? :good:

Just as has been said above,FIT THIS TAPE.it works,i am a building renovator and this stuff works,i locked myself out of my own home and had to break in through one of these old style windows,the beads took SECONDS to get out and another half an hour to get the glass out (broken),if you dont use the tape use glazing silicone on the back of the pane that touches inner part of frame,i did this on a unit that i fitted for a customer which got broken some time later,it took me THREE HOURS to get the shattered glass out.

I dont wish to alarm you,but now these low lifes have found an insecure house and they will be back, as i am sure you have been told by the crime unit.

If you live close enough to me,Needham Market,i could do any of the works you wish,or could recomend electricians window company etc,let me know by pm if you need any help or advise,i am registered with trusted traders/fmb/ciphe etc.

atb,Karl

Too right. Half an hour with a cricket bat and I'm sure they'd never (walk to) do it again! Cost to the taxpayer? About a tenner for the bat!

What about another 50p for a few 6" nails to apply to said bat for good measure?

Sorry to hear about the break in, I hope whoever did this ends up paying for it, and more importanly the mother in law dosn't take too much of a knock from the events.

Even after 20 odd years i would still like to beat the **** out of my inturder

If he hadnt shot out of the window as fast as he had come in

Then i would most probably be posting this from my cell :good:

Its not nice when you come home too something like that

Even more frightling if your in the house

When they decided too break in.

Tell her from me try not to let it get too her.

They just lowlife scum and not even worth the worry.

If she is worried about being on her own cant you get her some sort of panic button .

And maybe some form of lesson in self defence it might just give her that peace of mind .

And as for what she has lost i know it can never be replaced.But thank god that was all that they wanted

So many cases you hear of nowadays just make you feel so sick .

Set a day aside to spoil her .Take her somewhere nice

And pamper her.

And if she ever wants too talk to someone who knows how she feels

Just pm me Dan

xxxSuzy

Edited by Mrs Sweepy

Was reading a report only last night about 'hot' burglaries, ie when the homeowner is in when it happens. Not a huge problem in, of all places, the USA.

Why? you might ask, ok I will tell you, first, the Yanks actually believe that their people have the right to defend what is theirs, unlike here in tree hugger land.

Secondly, so many households have a shotgun on hand, the burglar has to be pretty desperate to risk 2 barrels of buckshot that the homeowner will most likey introduce to him, knowing that homeowner is in the right, and will get the support of the Law.. see first point :blush:

here, there's no deterrent at all, robbing a house is risk free, even if IF they get caught nothing much will happen to them!

Was reading a report only last night about 'hot' burglaries, ie when the homeowner is in when it happens. Not a huge problem in, of all places, the USA.

Why? you might ask, ok I will tell you, first, the Yanks actually believe that their people have the right to defend what is theirs, unlike here in tree hugger land.

Secondly, so many households have a shotgun on hand, the burglar has to be pretty desperate to risk 2 barrels of buckshot that the homeowner will most likey introduce to him, knowing that homeowner is in the right, and will get the support of the Law.. see first point :blush:

here, there's no deterrent at all, robbing a house is risk free, even if IF they get caught nothing much will happen to them!

Sadly, you're right mate