Phone call from CPSA

bob13

Afternoon All

Just has a phone call from someone from the CPSA asking why I haven't re joined, the chap on the other end (with a south African accent, not that makes any difference mined)was using a mobile phone which I find odd.

I don't talk to cold callers like this as you never know who it might be, so I just told him that I had stopped shooting. If he was from the CPSA I didn't have the heart or the time to tell him I am back with BASC and that the CPSA from what I have seen, read etc did sweet F.A after all the bad press our sport has been getting over the past few months. And for this reason alone I will be sticking with the BASC, I am only a clay shooter but if the CPSA cant do anything to help protect our sport then why should I support them. And I don't shoot competitively either, but I am going off the subject a bit and that has been done to death.

So has anyone else had a call from the CPSA from a mobile ask why you have renewed your subscription?

Take care Rob.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, just after mine ran out

told him they wouldnt let me join after wanting to switch from full to clubman....

he said "you have to leave and rejoin in 12 months"....

I asked him if they were prepared to lose a member for sake of not swapping me, he said yes.

They rang back 12 months later and asked if i wanted to rejoin, i told him as politely as i could under the circumstances NO

Shaun

Phoning up lapsed members is a common enough tactic by some membership organisations, and as has been said its Bobby that’s doing it as I think membership growth, recruitment ,retention sits under him.

I must say I always thought the clubman to full no no was daft- telling members they must lapse is never a clever thing for an organisation to do!

David

He called me about a year ago and told him that I had not renewed due to no local sporting events, just the trap events - He seemed to have heard this line before!!!

I personally think it's a good idea that they look for feedback for where they are going wrong - It's the only way they can put it right.

so I just told him that I had stopped shooting. If he was from the CPSA I didn't have the heart or the time to tell him I am back with BASC and that the CPSA from what I have seen, read etc did sweet F.A after all the bad press our sport has been getting over the past few months. And for this reason alone I will be sticking with the BASC, I am only a clay shooter but if the CPSA cant do anything to help protect our sport then why should I support them.

If you're not happy with the CPSA why not tell him? They won't be able to change things if they don't know what the problems are. Seems like you missed out on the perfect opportunity to have your say on issues that affect you.

Moaning about them on here won't get things changed.

If you're not happy with the CPSA why not tell him? They won't be able to change things if they don't know what the problems are. Seems like you missed out on the perfect opportunity to have your say on issues that affect you.

Moaning about them on here won't get things changed.

Don't need to change them as there is a perfectly good organisation that does what I need. All I need in reality is the insurance, it just so happens that they also fight our corner when the poo hits the fan (as we have found out of late)I really don't want to start the same old my group is better than yours thread. Not moaning in the slightest, I have voted with my feet and gone else where. I just found it odd that I was called from a mobile and not a landline.

Don't need to change them as there is a perfectly good organisation that does what I need. All I need in reality is the insurance, it just so happens that they also fight our corner when the poo hits the fan (as we have found out of late)I really don't want to start the same old my group is better than yours thread. Not moaning in the slightest, I have voted with my feet and gone else where. I just found it odd that I was called from a mobile and not a landline.

Yeah, whatever.....

I have to agree that if someone is not happy with their org then its best to tell them.

We always ask at BASC on every renewal for members to contact me with any ideas or thoughts they have on how we can improve our service etc.

Feedback is very important to all associations.

David

I have to agree that if someone is not happy with their org then its best to tell them.

We always ask at BASC on every renewal for members to contact me with any ideas or thoughts they have on how we can improve our service etc.

David

Very much so David, but do you listen to any criticism or do you just say that it is out of our hands? I have had two phone calls from Bobby Watkins, the first was about 5 years ago and when I started to tell heim why I hadn't rejoined he said he would phone me back. Needless to say he never did.

I then rejoined the CPSA so I could shoot some Essex team selection shoots, after two years of being totally deluded by them again I didn't rejoin. I again got the call from Bobby asking why I didn't rejoin. I went on to explain to him my feelings about the CPSA, the fact that they let down a local club by taking their affiliation fee and then doing nothing to help over a noise issue. There is also nothing for the sporting shooter in Essex (even the team selection shoots are held in Suffolk and Sussex) and also the fact that what grounds do hold registered shoots around us (Within 100 miles) do not take any notice of the rules and nothing is done about it.

His main standard answer was "what can we do about it?" I would have thought as an organisation who is meant to " Promote and encourage the sport of clay pigeon shooting" would have a lot they could do about it.

This is why shooters are voting with their feet and why the likes of BASC and the CA are benefitting. The CPSA seems to want to exist to support the couple of hundred members who shoot competitively and are not interested in anything or anyone else.

David

Perhaps you ought to reply to my email I sent you two days ago instead of gassing on here.. :lol:

Yes, it's a pity we don't have a "Bobby CPSA" on this forum who can defend the CPSA from all of the rubbish and hot air that is spouted about them, generally from the direction of Essex. :yes:

Cat.

With the amount of members on here they would be well advised to inform members of what they get for their money,pw members are always bigging up basc and running down cpsa,it plants seeds of doubt about cpsa if your not using membership to it's full advantage

I have no unanswered e-mails in my in box at work, so sorry not sure what you are talking about?

David

I sent it 2 days ago it came from a Hotmail account ending in 24@hotmail.com it's in my sent folder and have had no delivery failure notifications did you look in the junk ?

Yes, it's a pity we don't have a "Bobby CPSA" on this forum who can defend the CPSA from all of the rubbish and hot air that is spouted about them, generally from the direction of Essex. :yes:

Cat.

Oh yes all the rubbish and hot air, I see you have not managed to publish a list of registered sporting shoots in Essex. And the reason for that is....................................

There is n't any, are the CPSA doing anything about it? No of course they aren't

Even someone with their head up their own **** as far as you have can see the pattern here can't you?

Cat.

Well surely that is up to "bobby CPSA" to sort out and dedicate the time and effort to connect with members and potential members...Would they be brave enough? Do they even of the existence of this forum?

Yes they do. I sent links to recent CPSA threads to the acting CEO suggesting they take note of comments made. I also pointed out the majority of PW forum users aren't of the same ilk as another shooting forum that seems to have died a death since its revamp.