Boar Shooting in Croatia 2010

Mungler

They all count Dougy, well done mate.

Another fox buried in the woods, and using a sound mod :whistling:

Sounds like we need to get a posse of normal people together for next year.

Fox didnt need to be buried like Simons as they wanted them shot :yes:

Sound mods are not a problem Stuart so there will me a few more next year :good:

Definately need a normal group next year although the "non normals" made for some interesting conversation :lol:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definately need a normal group next year although the "non normals" made for some interesting conversation :lol:

As you know mate, it's all talk at this stage but I think we have a full team for next year (you know them so you can judge how 'normal' they are) We just all had too much on this year.

I will liaise with our man in the meantime to make sure we get the best chance of success. I agree with Mungler later than November may be better, that will mean we can still get up to Scotland beforehand.

Were the leaves off the trees yet?

I'm back there in December so I'll let you know if the weather makes any difference.

It was the first time I've ever been on a driven Boar shoot wearing a T shirt and Hi-Viz vest.

I certainly hope to see more pigs on the ground and certainly more than the six shot over the three days this time.

The weather should make a difference and as the Keepers/Foresters are out and about every day all day they should have a better idea of where they are and, hopefully, not have so far to bring them forward to the guns.

Edited by EMcC

Were the leaves off the trees yet?

Not really; the temperature signs on the over head gantries on the way back to the airport were showing 19.7 degrees C.

Lucky really, because at 20 degrees C I will only shoot in speedos and Crocs.

As we know, it comes together best when there is snow on the ground. Obviously arranging the weather and wild animals isn't an exact science as the grown ups will know.

I can't wait for the next one now.....

Oh and yes, the accomodation and grub this year was much much better.

Stu, maybe a bit on the boring side to have all normal people on the trip, i personaly thing you need some people that are sub-normal to take the micky out of, whether they understand or not (it made me happy anyway) but i must admit i had to get out of the room before i went a bit OTT (10 out of 10 for a little self control) as mungler said we had a good time, and up for next year, Stu you would have wet youself i promise :lol:

As for those going later i really wish you the best of luck :good:

Fantastic sized hog Mung! Are you allowed to bring the meat back to the UK or is that something customs frown on?

No that a definate !!!

going through customs with a dairylee triangle will get you sent to a croatian prison for 50 years and hard labour so expect something a little harsher trying to bring back a 200lb lump of stinky pig :lol: trust me i know from experience (empty 30.06 cases in my coat nearly got me a public flogging 3 years ago)

No that a definate !!!

going through customs with a dairylee triangle will get you sent to a croatian prison for 50 years and hard labour so expect something a little harsher trying to bring back a 200lb lump of stinky pig :lol: trust me i know from experience (empty 30.06 cases in my coat nearly got me a public flogging 3 years ago)

Thats a shame not being able to eat it!

As for your empty case adventure.A friend of mine when he was little stuck a toy gun in his aunts suitcase-just as she was flying back to Canada.To say she was in a whole heap of trouble is a understatement.

Edited by Imperfection

You can eat what you shoot out there; once shot the pigs are sliced and diced within the hour. Worry not, they are not thrown into a ditch :lol:

I have some photos of the hunting club in action last year setting about the piggies our group knocked over - we are talking a proper middle of nowhere, in a forest, "Hostel" moment as the pigs go onto A frames, are sliced open and end up in 50 equal carrier bags for the beaters to take home.

DSCN1202.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1222.jpg

DSCN1024.jpg

Edited by Mungler

Thats a shame not being able to eat it!

As for your empty case adventure.A friend of mine when he was little stuck a toy gun in his aunts suitcase-just as she was flying back to Canada.To say she was in a whole heap of trouble is a understatement.

Trust me on this one, expecting to bring back a Boar is one thing OK!

Expecting to eat it when i get back home, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dream on :lol: Wake up get dressed down to the breakfast table

Wild Boar Smoked,Pickled,Boiled,Fried,Roast ??? OK but rather have dried bread 2 weeks old with sticky chicken croutons on.

Dinner time out in the jungle with the beaters, you can have Wild Boar stew with dried out bread and bones,nice :) oh and home brewed eye pickling juice made from the local dont know what. lovley :good: but dont expect to stay awake long on your peg if you drink too much.

then there dinner, now whats the choice ???

Roast beef, yorky pud, roast taties, nice fresh garden peas, carrots, roast parsnips topped with nice bisto gravy NO !

you get Wild boar stew and Bread for main followed by a funny swiss roll type thing with chocolate and pepper filling for pud :lol: Oh and dont expect birds custard on this, they think custard something thats come out of an absess

Do i want to bring back some wild boar ???:no:

i would rather have tripe and onions when i get home thanks

But joking apart they did there best to look after us and did a good job :good:

Edited by Dougy

I was the one behind the camara, and to be honest it was rather dark, its not a bad size Boar as far as medals go i would say a tin foil maybe or possibly a brass :lol:

It was the biggest one shot in our group though, so lets just say it was monstrous :good: i think if you put the 2 i shot together it wouldnt have been any were near the weight of Munglers ;)

Andy,

you can join me in spirit in December but I am definitely not going to pose in that hat for anybody :rolleyes:

If he hasn't sent them on by the time I am there, I'll get the measurments and pm it to you, I'll take a file with me just in case they are too big :lol:

Edited by EMcC