Scum.

Bleeh

I have a strech of permission with two highseats on it.

I took a friend down to do a tad of fallow stalking yesterday, and dropped him off in the further highseat, and then walked down two my recently moved second (double) highseat.

And guess what.

The bloody thing was gone, the ratchet straps where there, but that was about it. Guessing from it's position I'd say that it must have something to do with who shoots the next field, because that's the only place off my permission that you can see that highseat.

So, If anyone here's anything about anyone trying to sell a Green, quiet old, double highseat (Or they have just aquired one) near Norwich, - I'll be very intrested to hear about it.

Any drag marks ?? Vehicle wheel tracks ??

If not there must have been a few of them to move it !

bloody things are a price arent they,but they get nicked for a pastime,its the magpie culture of british soldiers,that has been somehow pased on to shooters.....not saying it was other shooters,but it probably was,ive had loads of staplers and ear defenders nicked from me on the ranges,when i was in the army,we nicked everything,especially on u.s. bases!!!! i use 2 gert long cables,padlocked round the tree,an unfortunate necessity.

bloody things are a price arent they,but they get nicked for a pastime,its the magpie culture of british soldiers,that has been somehow pased on to shooters.....not saying it was other shooters,but it probably was,ive had loads of staplers and ear defenders nicked from me on the ranges,when i was in the army,we nicked everything,especially on u.s. bases!!!! i use 2 gert long cables,padlocked round the tree,an unfortunate necessity.

One bad apple don't make the whole lot bad, think I would blame the ****** before anyone else if it was a metal one. I make my own high seats, they are so dangerous that you would be risking life and limp taking one down regardless of nickin it to sit in. :lol:

Now why the hell should the name of british soldiers come into this? Being one I find the innuition that we are all theives quite insulting.

I have no option but to fully support this comment! British Soldiers do an incredibly difficult and often dangerous job and we should be supporting them along every step of their way instead of casting aspersions like this! Please lets not have any more comments like this guys!

I have no option but to fully support this comment! British Soldiers do an incredibly difficult and often dangerous job and we should be supporting them along every step of their way instead of casting aspersions like this! Please lets not have any more comments like this guys!

Sorry boys but but when i was in the army,if all the lads i served with found anything that was usefull or might be usefull in the future it was relocated.So come on lads lighten up lots of things are said in jest and not to be taken litterally. Traztaz when i was in we had a saying and probably is still used " If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined up by the way who are you serving with

Geordie

Edited by geordieh

I have a strech of permission with two highseats on it.

I took a friend down to do a tad of fallow stalking yesterday, and dropped him off in the further highseat, and then walked down two my recently moved second (double) highseat.

And guess what.

The bloody thing was gone, the ratchet straps where there, but that was about it. Guessing from it's position I'd say that it must have something to do with who shoots the next field, because that's the only place off my permission that you can see that highseat.

So, If anyone here's anything about anyone trying to sell a Green, quiet old, double highseat (Or they have just aquired one) near Norwich, - I'll be very intrested to hear about it.

Bleeh, that was the most uncomfortable high seat i have ever st in, bloody shame it got nicked though

mikee

I dont think that The Running Man meant anything against squaddies by his magpie comment.

I know that when I was in, any equipment that was clearly surplus to requirements (ie lying around and not being watched) was fair game. Anyone who touching anothers personal belongings on the other hand would immediatly cause "fists to punching stations" :yes: .

I dont think that The Running Man meant anything against squaddies by his magpie comment.

I know that when I was in, any equipment that was clearly surplus to requirements (ie lying around and not being watched) was fair game. Anyone who touching anothers personal belongings on the other hand would immediatly cause "fists to punching stations" :yes: .

:stupid: Even the bloody sick plugs went :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the seat, sad fact of life these days.

no nothing derogatory ment by it,its just a euphamism if you will,just like other things that permeate our shooting world influenced by our military. so lets grow up shall we.

Evening,

My dad used to say that it was the British army's ability to 'improvise' which won the last war (he was in it).

If 'my' army can make use of other peoples stuff - good on them.

I do hope however it is not so obviously 'in use' when they do so.

Maybe I'm nieve but I do not think there is a member of PW who does not support all our armed forces.

Nil carborundum illegitimus.

Chees chaps

Sorry to hear about your high seat. I had 2 nicked in the past and it was other stalkers. I went back to building wooden ones as the nice metal ones are too tempting for light fingered neighbours, even when they're chained up.

I traced mine - one was only two fields away and the other was a mile away that I noticed on a pheasant shoot the following winter. When I reclaimed one of them I drove to the guilty stalker's house with the high seat on my pickup, parked up and sounded my horn outside his house until he looked out of his window.

There can be a lot of jealousy between shooters and I've known stalkers destroy other people's wooden seats that are close to the boundary of their stalking. It's easy to blame it on Anti's but I've been stalking for 30 years and it definately goes on. Sad really.

I know just how you feel mate,i saved to get a high seat,bought it ,erected it and two days later it was removed from the tree i had left it on,straps the lot.Never to be seen again.we never have visitors to the wood apart from people whom have permission to shoot pigeon,two new pigeon shooting men (whom left empty cartriges and dead pigeons)shot there a few days before i erected it then it was gone.Not saying it was them but a coincidence.

no nothing derogatory ment by it,its just a euphamism if you will,just like other things that permeate our shooting world influenced by our military. so lets grow up shall we.

Are we having a bad day mate , calling us thieves and then telling us to grow up ?

Edited by bongo321

Are we having a bad day mate , calling us thieves and then telling us to grow up ?

the two posts above yours reinforce my (perhaps badly made) point,that all shooters are not as buddy buddy,freindly as you mite think. I've horror stories about other shooters stealing from each other or even sabotaging others permissions,there are plenty of stories about this on even this forum so yeah accept it and grow up!,. Again I sympathise with the op,they cost the earth for a good one,I've had 2 vanish as well,and the people I suspect,I would not want to get involved with.(Never worth it)