Your Hobbies

bullet boy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a range of interests, Cars, Motorsports, Tech, AV, Mountain biking etc, but i would say my main Hobby is Photography. I work as a photographer for a local paper, as well as working as an accredited photographer with the BTCC, plus a bit of freelancing on BSB, WTCC, DTM (plus a few other smaller series).

Me working at Thruxton on the first BTCC round this year.

24592_10150166136865608_517810607_11887477_2004328_n.jpg

And because someone will ask.

829357416_Dd4Nm-L.jpg

I like to do a bit of DIY,it reached it's peak a few years ago when I built my own house.I also like photography,cooking travel,surfing the net,my grand kids and my fav,Carsand bikes,anything that you put petrol in.Good,old new slow fast odd anything.I built this one to keep but Iv'e done others and sold on.This one has been re-worked since the photo,It now has a rebuilt 3.9 V8 with Edelbrock inlet and carb huge exhaust,B&M drag shifter lots of toys

This little toy puts a grin on my face when I press the loud pedal :yes: It is a 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo that I've owned since the late 90's. The wheels are rare magnesium Fuchs and were a £2k optional extra when new :blink:

Edited by philr

This little toy puts a grin on my face when I press the loud pedal :yes: It is a 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo that I've owned since the late 90's. The wheels are rare magnesium Fuchs and were a £2k optional extra when new :blink:

Your number plate is illegal.

Bred and shown lots of animals very succesfully over the years from dogs to mice, currently on the go:

Cats: Ocicat and Egyptian Mau bred and shown jointly with the wife, having made up numerous champions.

Rabbits: Belgian Hares - a very old breed of rabbit and awesome animals.

Argente Creme - a very rare and beautiful fur breed (both rabbit breeds also supply food for us, cats and dogs :good: )

Mice: Black Foxes - Had mice since I was a kid and it's a great traditional based fancy.

I'm on the judging panel for both Belgian Hares and Mice and Chairman of the organising committee for the Burgess Premier Small Animal Show. Yeah, it's my mouse on the front of the website.

Also I study (and breed) butterflies of the family Lycaenidae (blues and coppers). Pictured below are 2 males and a female of Lycaena dispar (Large Copper), which are extinct in the wild in the UK, but alive and well in captivity in Yorkshire!!). These are feeding prior to mating, having spent a couple of nights in the fridge :blink: .

In the rest of my spare time I work (need some funds to finance all the above plus shooting!!)

post-23045-0-46203100-1291578690.jpg

Other than the shooting, fisheries management, ie looking after and creating (digging) new fisheries as well as re-digging old lakes.

Yes it is a hobby unfortunately, in as much as I don't get paid, and a little fishingas well if and when I get time.

own a hornet 600.

I had one of them, 03 model bought new in may 03, hence the name.

Neil.

They were indeed a cracking car.

My brother used to have one and often let me drive him around in it. :rolleyes:

Very quick, and unlike the older 911's used to stick to the road like the proverbial brown stuff to a blanket :good:

Quite true, it is a seat of the pants drive - rear wheel drive no ABS or traction control or LSD, the last time it was on a rolling road it had 289bhp at the wheels. There's been a few mods to the ECU, fuel pressure regulator and wastegate.

Have been flying R/c aircraft now for over 25 years - these days fly 1/4 and 1/3rd scale gliders and tug planes.

Lots of canoeing

Wild camping

Camper vanning ('81 Dodge B250 maxi van)

Occasional online gamer (PC titles only - I'm not a kiddie konsoler)

Hiya,

I spend a bit of time chasing after things like this:

biggirl.jpg

Fantastic Catch....thats some Skate...nice one.

Im also into a spot of Fishing...not so much these days, it tends to take a bit of a backseat to my hunting endeavours.

Im into my birds of prey...got 2 Peregrine and a Goshawk. Into my powerlifting...getting more into the idea of competing at it as well but we'll have to see on that front.

Do a spot of Photography as well as the fancy takes me, have a half decentish camera, Nikon D300 and a few good lenses...i find this has tended to go hand in hand with my shooting....im as likely to shoot wildelife with a DSLR and lens as much as i will with a rifle and scope or a shotty.

Other than that lot my wife and kids tend to sap my available time to a minimum. On the plus side our company works to an annualised hours scheme.....of which mine ran out November 8th so i've been off since then..dont go back now till the 4th January..fully paid :D so plenty of time to indulge myself between now and then. Lovely.

• 1 year later...