Top gear

officerdibble777

What did you think of that **** they called entertainment?

I have beenn a big fan of top gear for many years,but is't starting to get a bit same old same old,with the road trips.

I can watch and like Hamster and May, but that idiot Clarkson has had his day.Did you know he doesn't drive all the fast stuff you see?He can do the straight line bits, but he's not got the tallent to do the drifing bits,thats done with stunt drivers.Watch it next time when he's in a bend,you don't actually see him,camera angles make it impossible to see the driver.

And to be honest all the television Iv'e seen has been bad,has there been anything on that's been good ?

john

Its harmless entertainment. Its changed lots since the motoring show it was at the start of this generation of topgear, its had to to survive. 5th gear scrapes a living on a slightly more traditional car review type platform. However they cant even afford to film enough content to fill a 1hr weekly program and they have had to turn to doing scripted races and challenges to maintain viewing numbers.

I believe Clarkson actually does quite a lot of his own driving, otherwise they would struggle for the in car drifting shots which we see. There are plenty of shots of Clarkson drifting the SLS in last weeks show, not very well at times mind.

If you dont like it, dont watch it.

If you dont like anything else on the TV, go shooting.

I used to count myself as a fan. I have been there in the audience for filming (the one with Neil Morrisey). I have chatted with all three presenters on the filming day.

I am sad to admit however that the format is now over-egged and it needs a change. It does seem to be the same old stuff trotted out every episode. I havent watched a whole episode for a while now :no:

I think it can sometimes be a bit predictable,with many of the 'mishaps'(setting fire to their camper van etc)obviously staged,but it's still good entertainment in my opinion.Have to agree they need to come up with something fresh or it's gonna lose it's sparkle,and therefore viewers,which I think would be a shame.Three grown men just having a laugh,so long as they're doing that I'll keep watching.

I find it good entertainment, because that is all it is. A bit of story telling, a bit of arsing about in insanely fast cars or taking part in things the rest of us probably wont ever get to do in a car.

I'm not really interested in and don't need anyone to tell me which is best out of the golf, astra or focus, weather the C-max or Scenic is best for mothers or if the new A4 estate has a bigger boot than the new 3 series estate. If I want to know any of this, I go to my local dealers and find out for myself. These are the things that make Fifth Gear insanely boring, coupled with the worst bunch of presenters ever cobbled together!

What I can't do for myself is drive the new Pagani round the track or race an MX5 through a war zone.

:good:

Edited by J@mes

I have always liked the 'story/race' episodes much more than the standard format, its nice to see a very fast clutch-wreckingly blasted around a track but it does get a bit samey and theres not that much of a feel for the power and speed just by watching a tape. I hope the show stays the same and I still think Top Gear presenter is THE best job in the world.

I find it good entertainment, because that is all it is. A bit of story telling, a bit of arsing about in insanely fast cars or taking part in things the rest of us probably wont ever get to do in a car.

I'm not really interested in and don't need anyone to tell me which is best out of the golf, astra or focus, weather the C-max or Scenic is best for mothers or if the new A4 estate has a bigger boot than the new 3 series estate. If I want to know any of this, I go to my local dealers and find out for myself. These are the things that make Fifth Gear insanely boring, coupled with the worst bunch of presenters ever cobbled together!

What I can't do for myself is drive the new Pagani round the track or race an MX5 through a war zone.

:good:

What he said :good:

If you dont like it dont watch it :sly::yes:

Top Gear - Not up to its usual standard but still better than most of the Christmas TV offering

The Royle Family - 1 hour of my life I'm not getting back - very disappointing

E4 re-running Series 2 of the Inbetweeners last night - comedy gold!

Saying that, I have found a few "Only Fools" Christmas Specials on various sky channels which are still the best....

Well, Mrs D and I watched and found it very entertaining.

I guess if you watch the same programmes regularly for years, they will get very 'samey'.

As I don't see that much telly, and I'm not much of a fan of the standard car review type programmes, I love the daft challenges they do, the sense of humour and the fact they can do thiongs we can't. Daft things like stopping 'a bit late' into each others cars, modifications that are hopeless etc. Comic-book stuff!

:D

Top gear is a all time classic program, yes it does get a bit repetitive but some of what they do is just brilliant. I stopped watching it for a while but my 9 year old has just started watching it on Gold and i have got back into it.

Like other people have said it beats 95% of the rubbish that is on the rest of the time :yes: