Should I be honest?

Snap Cap

A certain on line retailer with a name like a large river in South America, appears to have made a slight cock up.

Knock at the door yesterday and a courier was standing there with a large package, I was expecting something but not in the size box we had here. So I sign for it and bring it in. I open it up and inside is a pair of Jack Pyke countryman boots size 12, not the DVD I had ordered.

They are a very good looking pair of boots and even though I'm a size 11 I reckon they will fit, you should get one size up in boots anyway so I'm told.

The wife is on at me to return them but I have this overwelming urge to keep them.

What do you guys reckon? Back them or keep them?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A certain on line retailer with a name like a large river in South America, appears to have made a slight cock up.

WEll I am still waiting for stuff that was supposed to be delivered by 16/12/2010 still no sign of them and 2 emails to amazon no response.... Due to the snow etc I left it longer than normal before making them aware of the delivery not arriving. first contact was before Xmas.....

I think I'd be honest. I'd hope people would do it if I messed up. Having said that I too would offer to take them for 25% of RRP. You never know it could be more in their interest to do that than it is to arrange a courier to collect them. I certainly wouldn't be taking them to the post office in my own time for a company that large.

I ordered my wifes christmas present from them on the 17th december and paid £7.70 for next day delivery, went through all the motions got e-mail saying item had been picked up by city link and would be with me next day, next day come and no parcel then the next day and the next day and the next day so i phoned them and they give me a tracking number which i already had so tracked the parcel and it had been signed for by someone down in london on the 6th december (magic as i placed the order on the 17th)

contacted amazon who told me to contact city link, contacted city link who told me to contact amazon as the haven't picked up any parcel from them, to cut the story short christmas day come, my wife had nothing to open and the present is now out of stock everywhere and I mean everywhere. got a full refund but still trying to find that special present for my wife :angry:

Screwfix are the best for this kind of cock up. When we were doing up this house we would get regular notes from their courier that they have chucked my delivery of expensive internal door handles over the side / back gate without signature - "really ? I didnt get them" ! :yp:

I ordered two fluorescent lamps from Screwfix, only one turned up. I rang them, and they send they would send another. The next day two turned up [i now had three]. I rang Screwfix, they said they would collect next day, they did but they credited my card for the cost of one lamp. I rang them to correct this, and they charged my card and sent me another fluorescent lamp [back to three]. I rang them again, explained it all and the lady said I should keep it or we would keep going around in circles, so I did. I was 100% honest throughout.

:lol:

There you go, they dont give their customers the courtesy of a call or email to say when they arent going to deliver. No one at Amazon will be losing any sleep about all the folk that didnt get their Christmas presents. :hmm::rolleyes:

I have a parcel from last year that was double delivered, they're still comming to pick it up some time :lol::lol::lol:

I would only treat them as honestly as they would treat me, wich isn't a lot!

They will tell you all sorts of porkies when it goes wrong, so if it goes wrong in you're favour don't lose sleep over it.

Keep em. It's their fault it was delivered to the wrong place. Just put them aside for a month or so and if anything does come back you can say that you called amazon to say, but no action was taken.

I always get pythons put through my door with Amazon mix ups! :lol:

Contact them and tell them, they most likely won't spend more money collecting them just to resend them out again, much more cost effective to just send the buyer some more :good:

I once bought a few 'deal of the month' angle grinders off "big internet firm" and one wouldn't work, I rang them and they said just bin it and we will send you a new one, Honesty is the best policy :D