How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

Was that about the time you gave up shooting in A Class?

Nah my hiatus from A class happened last year when I developed an allergic reaction to the stale smell of wee and werthers originals brought on by the fact I could now smell things after giving up smoking. Now I have bought a Beretta nose peg and always stand up wind of you my scores are back in A class territory again. :D:P

Did I mention I'm in A Class? :sly:

No I dont think you did, did I mention that Longridge will allow you to shoot birds only?

Maybe we should take a trip down again?

I remember getting an A class score there & I am sure if you ask them nicely they will put an extra class after C just for your score. :o :P:lol:

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah my hiatus from A class happened last year when I developed an allergic reaction to the stale smell of wee and werthers originals brought on by the fact I could now smell things after giving up smoking. Now I have bought a Beretta nose peg and always stand up wind of you my scores are back in A class territory again. :D:P

No I dont think you did, did I mention that Longridge will allow you to shoot birds only?

Maybe we should take a trip down again?

I remember getting an A class score there & I am sure if you ask them nicely they will put an extra class after C just for your score. :o :P:lol:

I was lulling you into a false sense of security at Longridge, so that I could trounce you at Catton Hall (obviously) <_<

Not a bad day today, Timps and I bribed Beretta to take Chard somewhere other than Shugborough, he was on a big bonus if he didn't bring him back but I think he failed on that bit though (old people can be very clingy).

So met up with Timps and we shot round with 5 others who I invariably shoot with at Shugborough, weather was reasonably kind, one or two light showers but very pleasant none the less. Bumped into Ron (you all remember Ron) who was in fine form using his new Beretta Auto he had followed his 81 at Hodnet with an 80 today. He is obviously getting back to his old self both in his shooting and the fact he greeted me with his usual "**** off"

Anyway, free from the smell of stale wee and being knee deep in Werther's Original wrappers, we both shot reasonably well, Timps lost 4 clays on his last stand which he shouldn't have done and ended up on a 79 (an A class score!!) and I dropped 1's and 2's all the way round to finish on an 87.

Now for the rant; I went back to the clubhouse when we'd finished to use the toilet (being a Northerner we don't get to see them very often)and, as you do, stopped to look at the scoreboard. I don't think there were many shooters left to put their cards in and my 87 was lying 2nd in class, as I had picked up an envelope for 2nd from my last visit to Shugborough I passed some jocular remark to the lady who does all the cards & scores. She sounded quite apologetic when she said the competition entry had been so poor they would only be paying out HG and 1st in the classes :o :o :o We have only had 33 competition entries and 77 birds only she said :oops::angry: thats 70% of the entries were birds only. Mark my words this will end in tears, as the prize pot goes down fewer people will go comp and eventually the competition element will disappear and competitive clay shooting will fade away.

My two pennies worth

Mr Potter

Anyway, free from the smell of stale wee and being knee deep in Werther's Original wrappers, we both shot reasonably well, Timps lost 4 clays on his last stand which he shouldn't have done and ended up on a 79 (an A class score!!) and I dropped 1's and 2's all the way round to finish on an 87.

I really enjoyed shooting with Mr P and co today, I will not mention that last stand apart from when I asked to have a couple extra shots I nailed them :sly::hmm: .... too little too late springs to mind and it could have cost me the class win .... But the lack of stale wee and werther’s originals was well like a breath of fresh air so not all bad :lol:...

Now for the rant; I went back to the clubhouse when we'd finished to use the toilet (being a Northerner we don't get to see them very often)and, as you do, stopped to look at the scoreboard. I don't think there were many shooters left to put their cards in and my 87 was lying 2nd in class, as I had picked up an envelope for 2nd from my last visit to Shugborough I passed some jocular remark to the lady who does all the cards & scores. She sounded quite apologetic when she said the competition entry had been so poor they would only be paying out HG and 1st in the classes :o :o :o We have only had 33 competition entries and 77 birds only she said :oops::angry: thats 70% of the entries were birds only. Mark my words this will end in tears, as the prize pot goes down fewer people will go comp and eventually the competition element will disappear and competitive clay shooting will fade away.

I got a 2nd there a few shoots back and ended up with nothing, when we left today I was 2nd and looks like I will miss out again. It’s getting to the point where I might do birds only there, I don’t mind a small pay out or even just my entry back but you should always get something for 2nd in my books.

80 and the B Class win for me today at Coniston Keith. Classic Keith Roe course; sturdy stuff throughout with only one stand of "gimmes"; stand 12 the drivens. An excellent turnout too - 215 shooters in total! :good:

Now did we ever work out which PW team won at the Essex..... :lol:

80 and the B Class win for me today at Coniston Keith. Classic Keith Roe course; sturdy stuff throughout with only one stand of "gimmes"; stand 12 the drivens. An excellent turnout too - 215 shooters in total! :good:

Now did we ever work out which PW team won at the Essex..... :lol:

You must know becuse apart from Timps everyones been Quite <_< <_<

Been down to Newbold & Honersbie today, shoot my other perrazi which the butt plate came loose on and finished on a 85 & 82 though NEWBOLD was by the far thew better shoot :good: :good:

An 82 for me today at Coniston, no class placing for me though I think an 89 won A class (92 was HG) but I enjoyed it. Only halved one of the 5 pair stands, a simo pair of L to R crossers at distance, 3 away on another 3 stands, including the last 3 of 8 on an on report L to R high pair. Looks as though I might be having a problem with long high L to R crossers <_<<_<:hmm::hmm:

Well shot Nicky, how did Scott get on? It was worth going today to see the beam on young Seb's face when he'd beaten his Dad (PSMITH1963) by 10 targets :good::good::good::good::good:

Till next week

Mr Potter

Edited by Mr Potter

Only 94/100 for me today at my first ever National qualifier. :no:

94/100 last week at the County finals, and 99/100 at the North Verses South (Wales) shoot the weekend before.

I hasten to add that I'm talking about skeet here, as I'm **** at sporting :lol:

thats good going ken, :good::good: how does that stand you in the qualifier.

12th place Brian :unsure:

I'm only doing the 4 Northern Qualifiers, so I've got to average around 96 to 98 for the next 3 to stand a chance.

I dropped a target on stand 4 on each round :no: , if only I could master that one stand my scores would improve dramatically.

I was shaking like a leaf, I find it so difficult to relax when I'm shooting with much better shooters.