How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a big thing for 'u' guys but it was for me :good: , new to this i am 4th time ive picked up a shotty

was my 2nd attemp at skeet ever. managed a :shoot: 21/25

That's an excellent score for your 2nd go at skeet and 4th go with a shotgun. You better sign on for the N v S charity shoot cos if you progress at that rate you'll wipe all our eyes :good::good::good:

Keep it up

Mr Potter

Not a big thing for 'u' guys but it was for me :good: , new to this i am 4th time ive picked up a shotty

was my 2nd attemp at skeet ever. managed a :shoot: 21/25

That's a fantastic score for your second time at skeet and 4th outing with a shotgun! I'd give yourself a well earned pat on the back, you deserve it!

Took me a few months before my first 20+

Keep it up :)

Jon.

Wish I hadn't ******* bothered. <_<

I shot like an absolute ***, it was like somebody else was waving the gun about :oops:

Same here. Disgraceful 29x50, and that was a miracle. Lots of low scores today but it just wasn't that hard a shoot. I simply missed loads of stuff i wouldn't normally have a problem with. Shocker. If i had the energy i'd sulk. :lol:

Well it was nearly Billy no mates for me at Shugborough today, not a PW member that I know of in sight. I've asked the wife to get me some deodorant cos I'm not due my next bath till April :o :o :o

Any way shot half the course on my own and jumped on with a group of (non PW) mates for the remaining six stands. Usual stuff for Shugborough, I only go about 4 or 5 times a year and even I'm getting to know the targets. Shot a 90 but there was already a 91 in A class (I keep getting knocked back by ex AA class shooters!!) so best I can hope for is a 2nd place.

Fauxdegla for me next week, weather permitting, I perhaps would have done Kegworth but I'm booked on there for the East Midlands FITASC comp later in the month.

Mr Potter

Not a bad club to be in Mr P,well shot :yes::good::yes:

My mates were stuck in a mid 70's time warp today, glad they weren't wearing Flares and Tank Tops :lol::lol: Although one of them does own a Zip up Cardigan :yp: :lol:

Seriously, the shoot was tricky and to shoot your Class Average was a good result :yes::yes::good:

To shoot 1 more target on each stand really would get things up to date :yes::hmm:

Azzurri.

I found I am not a fan of remote control racing car loudspeaker systems, definitely cost me a few clays lol.

I did not shoot any stands badly but did not excel either. Shot the quieter back section of the course a lot better and started to get into my stride but damage of mediocrity had already set in.

I got an A class score so cannot complain too much.

That's an excellent score for your 2nd go at skeet and 4th go with a shotgun. You better sign on for the N v S charity shoot cos if you progress at that rate you'll wipe all our eyes :good::good::good:

Keep it up

Mr Potter

LOL 'Mr Potter' im not planning on beating ppl, ive started this sport for fun so i can shoot with friends as some blagged me to get my SGC! i dont have to stress if i miss with 'em i'd love to do a charity shoot or any shoot TBH in the future, as charity's has a meaningfull cause and i have a couple close to my Heart too!! im well open for some pointers or tips though? i know there's plenty for me to learn :lol:

Me, NickyT and Timps made the long trek to Longridge today :rolleyes:

Wish I hadn't ******* bothered. <_<

I shot like an absolute ***, it was like somebody else was waving the gun about :oops:

Nick didn't do much better. Timps did OK, but I felt that he wasn't even shooting to his full potential.

I was a bit disappointed with the course too, load of edge on R-L followed by edge on L-R etc etc few teal, few more teal, few edge on L-R, then R-L :sly:

Scores on the doors :

Timps - 75 :good: Well (ish) shot chap.

NickyT - 68 :hmm:

Chard - 64 :lol::lol::lol:

Load of cock <_<

I take it long ridge wasn't that good then,i nearly went there myself,but had a day off from shooting???

It was OK Dave. Can't blame the course, I was just disappointed with it. It was the first registered shoot I'd shot there and because of the "Extreme Sporting" shoot recently, I think I'd put the ground on some kind of pedestal and was expecting some bewildering array of targets, but it seemed a bit samey. That's not why I shot badly though, should have cleaned up most of that stuff. Just made a raggy job of it. I got 9/10 on one stand, the rest were all pretty ropey. I had no major disasters, just threw too many away.

Unfortunately, It's just too far to go for those kind of targets. :/

Jeeze - you boys are keen - Longridge is a long way for me and I am 50 miles closer than you guys at least - I felt same today - seems like I wasted my money and diesel and that was just to my local club.

Dave

Jeeze - you boys are keen - Longridge is a long way for me and I am 50 miles closer than you guys at least - I felt same today - seems like I wasted my money and diesel and that was just to my local club.

Dave

Yes, my thoughts entirely, I've shot Longridge a few times but it's a heck of a journey, just not worth the effort.

Anyway, I heard on the grapevine that Martin Myers shot a 100 straight at Hornet today, that's pretty good going, even for a sheep s hagger...!! :lol:

Cat.

Yes, my thoughts entirely, I've shot Longridge a few times but it's a heck of a journey, just not worth the effort.

Anyway, I heard on the grapevine that Martin Myers shot a 100 straight at Hornet today, that's pretty good going, even for a sheep s hagger...!! :lol:

Cat.

That's certainly impressive :yes: Some dude shot a 99 at Northampton as well! :blink:

LOL 'Mr Potter' im not planning on beating ppl, ive started this sport for fun so i can shoot with friends as some blagged me to get my SGC! i dont have to stress if i miss with 'em i'd love to do a charity shoot or any shoot TBH in the future, as charity's has a meaningfull cause and i have a couple close to my Heart too!! im well open for some pointers or tips though? i know there's plenty for me to learn :lol:

Come to the great PW charity shoot... all welcome....

21/25 skeet today and 24/25 DTL with 7 second barrels :oops:

shaun

Cat.

Yes myers also shot a 97 at longridge and a 93 at weston wood today

Come to the great PW charity shoot... all welcome....

21/25 skeet today and 24/25 DTL with 7 second barrels :oops:

shaun

would love to go shaun but circumstances will hold me back, plus thats a little too far to travel for me as yet?

Supported my local ground yesterday and shot at oaklodge42 ex 50 sporting not a bad score for me but let to many easy clays get away :hmm:

My son shot well compared to his recent form 20 ex 25 sporting :good:

Les put in another decent knock 62 ex 70 sporting :good:

Seen a couple of KDUBYA'S shooting buddies going round.Thought he would be shooting but some lame excuse about being tired <_< off working nights :D:P

ALB Figgy

Edited by figgy

Had a very pleasant shoot round the revamped Manchester Clay Shooting Club today with Ainsley and Whiskymac :good: Over the last two weeks they must have added at least 6 new stands with the same again planned over the coming month - looks like things are shaping up well for the GMP Police shoot there on 28th April :yes::good:

Nice to bump into Peter Manley and his wife shooting there - good to see the Coniston crew out and about :yes:

Had a very pleasant shoot round the revamped Manchester Clay Shooting Club today with Ainsley and Whiskymac :good: Over the last two weeks they must have added at least 6 new stands with the same again planned over the coming month - looks like things are shaping up well for the GMP Police shoot there on 28th April :yes::good:

Nice to bump into Peter Manley and his wife shooting there - good to see the Coniston crew out and about :yes:

Sounds good :good: They not fancy moving that shoot to the 29th? I'm down that way bank holiday weekend and wouldn't have minded a go! :D

Sounds good :good: They not fancy moving that shoot to the 29th? I'm down that way bank holiday weekend and wouldn't have minded a go! :D

You can't come over here on the Bank Holiday weekend. I'll have your visa revoked.

There's a no riff raarff policy in operation. <_<