hospital smell

bobby dazzler

my daugther is in oxford hospital having a lot of surgery on her legs she will be in there for a month then wheel chair bound for six months i must say the hospital she is in is very good and the staff are really good but that hospital smell just makes me want to throw up :lol: i did have to complain about one thing they did that was when they moved her from one bed to a nother they ripped the morpine cord out of her back not very good :angry: and they cant put a nother back in there incase of infection so she has to be fed morphine a nother way whitch is not as good. the plus side plenty of hot nurses :lol:

Sorry to hear about your daughter BD hope the surgery is a success.

You are not alone...I infact have a Phobia of Hospitals due to the smell. Ive seen a Phsyciatrist in the past and he says it stems subconciously from a incident in my Childhood when i fell out of a tree and smashed my wrist. I was in sever pain a nd trauma which has affected me to this day..

I cant go anywhere inside the foyer without throwing up and going green.

so sory to hear about your girl,hope she bounces back :good:

I must have built up a tolerance to hospitals and thier smells,when added up Iv'e spent over 2 1/2 years in hospitals,had more than 40 ops and been sewn up with 2000+ stitches.Iv'e got a collection of parts and metal I could start abusiness with :lol: I'll be back in with in the next 2 weeks for the next op,and when I recover I'll be back for another.(hands this time, both)

john

Hospital smell never becomes something you can enjoy. Ask anyone who works day in and day out in a ward and they will all tell you the same: After a while you learn to live with it. You HAVE to.

My clothes and my car even smells of the stuff, as my wife and I are both in the NHS.

I hope your daughter gets better soon. All the best of luck!

You want to try working in them. The general smell, the smell of the steaming food, the smell of human faeces, the smell of burning flesh/bone...etc etc

I'm used to it now.

Yep, not good when you first start. Always made me laugh when I overheard people saying ooooh that food smells nice, little did they know it was the burning smell from a surgical diathermy wafting from the ground floor theatres ;)

Bobby, hope your daughter progresses and recovers quickly!

Jon.