Cod Fishing

pavman

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been kayak fishing now since summer 2005 and have practiced climbing back on or re-entry quite a lot. It is a lot easier than you might imagine even in winter conditions with dry kit on rather than a wetsuit. Safety is a big concern and something taken really seriously hence the kit we use PFDs,dry suits,vhf radios, flares,paddle plans called into the coastgaurd etc. Yakking is addictive and without doubt the most exciting form of fishing. A 3lb yak cod caught is much more fun than a beach or boat caught fish.

Ive attached a couple of links below to a few of the popular kayaking fishing sites, which explain in a bit more detail.

www.anglersafloat.co.uk

http://saltwateryakfisherman.blogspot.com

Regards

Ive been kayak fishing now since summer 2005 and have practiced climbing back on or re-entry quite a lot. It is a lot easier than you might imagine even in winter conditions with dry kit on rather than a wetsuit. Safety is a big concern and something taken really seriously hence the kit we use PFDs,dry suits,vhf radios, flares,paddle plans called into the coastgaurd etc. Yakking is addictive and without doubt the most exciting form of fishing. A 3lb yak cod caught is much more fun than a beach or boat caught fish.

Ive attached a couple of links below to a few of the popular kayaking fishing sites, which explain in a bit more detail.

www.anglersafloat.co.uk

http://saltwateryakfisherman.blogspot.com

Regards

Glad you are thinking safety......... take it you have the correct paperwork for the VHS......... understand you still require a post office licence?

I've only fallen in once - February in the Humber, and getting back on board wasn't a problem as I could touch the bottom. I had also forgotten to zip up my kag top and got a load of water down my neck. Didn't stop me fishing though. Once I had got rid of most of the water I soon warmed up.

I've practised getting aboard in deep water and again, no problem. You grab the kayak with both hands and push it beneath you. It's a great way to fish.

I've only fallen in once - February in the Humber, and getting back on board wasn't a problem as I could touch the bottom. I had also forgotten to zip up my kag top and got a load of water down my neck. Didn't stop me fishing though. Once I had got rid of most of the water I soon warmed up.

I've practised getting aboard in deep water and again, no problem. You grab the kayak with both hands and push it beneath you. It's a great way to fish.

not if your built like a turtle like me (shell on front)

Glad you are thinking safety......... take it you have the correct paperwork for the VHS......... understand you still require a post office licence?

No need for licenses now - used to be like a tax disc but now replaced with a lifetime one in the form of a letter. Still need to pass a proficiency test though - I use a fixed DSC radio in my boat coupled up to GPS for position sending