Empty cartridges- take them Home!

The Beater

Hi all,

Bit of a rant here, had lined up a day on the rape saturday just gone, bin waiting for some strong wind and it came. Got to the field 10am to find someone setting up so fair enough i move 2miles down rd on some wheat stubble thinking the birds would move between us. All i bagged was 5 woodies but all i herd was bang bang... all day from the gun on rape, he was havin a cracking day fair play to him.

Anyway what pi**ed me off is walking over that rape yesterday havin a bit of reccy, when walked past where this shooter had bin set up to find 200 odd empty cartrigdes left behind. Nothing worse than seeing empty cases littering are great country side and giving shooters a bad name. Told the farm but he's very easy going and didnt seem botherd. I said its not the 1st time this shooter has done it to.

If you can carry them to your hide full why cant you carry them back when they weigh nothing after being shot.

This goes to all shooters please take your empties home, its not that much effort.

one of the most appealing things about pigeon shooting is the opportunity to enjoy the countryside in all its glory. Having to deal with somebody elses **** that they left behind isn't fair on us or everyone else who manages to treat the rural landscape with all the respect it deserves.

well said by everyone I think.

IAS

Makes my blood boil. You should ALWAYS pick up your litter. You do not have a right to the countryside. It's a priviledge to be there so don't abuse it. Worst culprits seem to be the game shoots. You turn up on a peg and there's a pile of cartridges from last time. Stalking over some game shoot ground the other day and the place was litetred with empties. Mentioned it to keeper and he moaned about 'not enough time'. A'hole shouldn't be in the job (IMO)

I totally agree with removing spent cart cases.

How many of you lot when out lamping and using rimfire rifles actually look for the spent cases when they ahve dropped into deep grass or crops ?

They are almost impossible to find. Same issue only smaller cases me thinks

Jonno

I totally agree with removing spent cart cases.

How many of you lot when out lamping and using rimfire rifles actually look for the spent cases when they ahve dropped into deep grass or crops ?

They are almost impossible to find. Same issue only smaller cases me thinks

Jonno

its a good point, and i tend not to bother when shooting area's like fence lines, but when in gate ways or fields where livestock is more likely to walk over i sometimes make an effort. but it cant be helped alot of the time.

take your empties home,

pop bottles , crisp packets, fag packets, broken flasks.

Broken Flasks Mark ?

Is there a story behind this ?

:sly: :blink: :thumbs:

Jonno

ho jonno

no mate mines stainless.

but under every tree you see one, along with a broken seat.

would have liked to see it happen. :blink: