who would you want a brew with.....

bi9johnny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You mean Antartica doesn't exist? Mate, you could have broken that one a bit more gently.

Your ok cause I got a feeling he with in the Artic not the Antarctic.

Anyhow top of my list.

My Grandads one died 2 years before i was born and one about 10 years ago.

Stephen Fry

Ray Mears

Shackelton

Churchill

Major Archie Coats

Henry XIII

Richard Prior

Shakespear

Tommy Cooper

My best mate Nic

For me it would have to be my Dad bless him

or the great field Marshall Montgomery....... he was my dads CO during wwII bet he could tell a few stories

I even have a couple of my dad's leave passes signed by Monty,and other paraphernalia he collected on his travels.He was also in the battle of alamein but passed when I was young so never got to here the stories sadly would love to catch up

atb Jim

I think I'd really like to spend some time to chat about life with Ray Mears. I like all the outdoors stuff and from what I can make of him he's the sort of bloke I'd get on well with. I could learn a lot from him and I base my life around learning about things I enjoy.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to bump into Demi Moore in the communal showers at the pool but I wouldn't have the first idea what to say to her. To be honest don't really know as I'd want to sit there and try to come up with something either. :no:

I think I'd really like to spend some time to chat about life with Ray Mears. I like all the outdoors stuff and from what I can make of him he's the sort of bloke I'd get on well with. I could learn a lot from him and I base my life around learning about things I enjoy.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to bump into Demi Moore in the communal showers at the pool but I wouldn't have the first idea what to say to her. To be honest don't really know as I'd want to sit there and try to come up with something either. :no:

I bumped into Dennis Moore at the communal showers at Stratford Park Pool :lol::lol:

I would love to have brew with some of the members of PW the nice ones for the pleasure and good company.

And also the not so nice members to see if they are as keen to say the things to my face as they are over the internet. :hmm: Cheers OTH

:lol: Chill out man we are all friends here.... Keyboards make us say things we wouldnt normally say but its never vexatious... :no:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

I would put the kettle on for James Mason, Howard Hughes, Sir Frank whittle, James Alfred Wright(James Herriot), Sir Donald Campbell, Sir Sterling Moss, and many others in the same vane. I tend to be rather traditional in my choice of people who I admire, although a few are not your traditional hero types I am always inspired by people who actually achive something in life and not just your hopeless overpaid footballers and idiot pop stars who cant even sing without the aid of a computer, I feel this is where kids are going wrong nowadays, my middle name Scott is after Robert Falcon Scott.

My wife and parents, sadly now gone,

Stephen Fry

Barnes Wallis

Johnny Depp

Aaron Beck

Spike Milligan

Stephen Hawking

Terry Pratchett

Finally, my old school head teacher :smartass: (To spit in his eye :mad: !)Who spent seven years trying to convince me I would never amount to anything! (No baggage there, obviously :hmm::lol: )

Edited by Bloke