Your best ever shot

HoTsHoT-10

Me and hotshot-16 were plinking .22 pellets at 40 yards and hitting golf ball sized targets at 80 yards using my S400 .177 and his R10 .22 and thought that it was very impressive seeing as we are both very average shots.

Can be a shot in the field or just general plinking.

It is amazing how accurate modern pcp air rifles are.

Great shooting Hotshot,

Mine favorites are;

BSA R10, .177, 40 yards, 2.5 milidots right windage and 2.5 milidots positive elevation as required - rabbit brain kill. Bipod used

R10 50 meters, 15mm knock down target, shot on shot with reset of target, 1/2 milidot right windage. Bipod used

R10 47 yard after above target shoot, no windage 3 millidot elevation instant rabbit brain kill. Bipod used.

Ultra Multishot with Pulsa NV at 20 yards, standing brain shots on rats - Bloody LOTS!

R10 is 11.8 foots and the Ultra (.22) is 11.43 foots

Carb

Edited by Carbonrocket

Me and hotshot-16 were plinking .22 pellets at 40 yards and hitting golf ball sized targets at 80 yards using my S400 .177 and his R10 .22 and thought that it was very impressive seeing as we are both very average shots.

Can be a shot in the field or just general plinking.

It is amazing how accurate modern pcp air rifles are.

Yep, the right tools well maintained are accurate and consistant, but it still needs a lot of skill and practice to deal with distant quarry in the field.

My best was a 108 yard rabbit witnessed and checked with my Falcon which was running 19ft lb at the time, it's about 25-26ft lb now, never improved on that, it was a one off and in the right circumstances...... not to be recommended or encouraged.

Target work can be very consistant with PCP's out to as far as 100 yards, but you can get plenty of zeroing practice!

A full magazine emptied, I'm sure there are many who can do better, a £1 coin could have covered the lot!

ATB!

post-20848-0-06605500-1298505324.jpg

Edited by Dekers

Best shot was when I was no older than 13 and using a very well used and abused .22 Relum (I would put mud in the breech and shoot cabbage white butterflies before they layed eggs in the garden). I was on the South Downs and a rabbit popped up about 25 yards away, looking throught the iron sights I aimed high and to the right, pulled the trigger and watched in amazement as the bunny did a backflip and moved no more. Heart thumping, I checked it and found I'd shot it just behind the eye - perfect shot. I remember proudly walking home with my prize swinging from my still shaking hand. Magic.

Theres a dead oak tree on one of my shoots where pigeons often land before dropping into a copse a few wingbeats away.The tree is a good 35 yards from the nearest hiding place and quite tall so most shots are over 50yards because of the elevation required.Before i consider shooting here i check my guns elevation setting by shooting at twigs in the upper branches where the birds tend to land.About 3 years ago i was hiding near said tree,bored to tears,whern i noticed a lump had appeared in the form of Nutty Nutkins in the very top of the tree.I watched his furry little rrrr for a few minutes as he swayed in and out of view because of the wind.With a good stable rest i pointed my gun (HW95K at the time) at him and wondered where, if i were mad enough to try a shot, i would need to aim to pierce the little chaps ear.I was guessing about a second for the slug to reach him and about 4 inches of aiming off to allow for the crosswind would give me an aiming point just about where the scope hairs narrowed on the right hand side and aiming that point at his feet would just about take care of the added elevation.O.K. so i,m easily led and soon convinced myself to try the shot-and i,m not sure to this day who was most shocked-me or Nutty when the premier added ventilation to the little fellows hat.I,m sure i heard the air whistle thru the resulting hole as he made his last ever decent and felt the thud as he attempted re-entry into solid ground.Knew i,d never top that shot if i stayed all year so i went home. :yes:

Edited by bruno22rf

HW80 .22, open sights, standing hand held supported by fence post, wood pigeon 40 yards, head shot, stone dead. If you can get consistent 1" groups at 40 yards with a hand supported springer you can shoot anything.

1" groups at 40 yards, standing, with iron sights? :o That's some seriously impressive shooting! :good:

Many years ago I was out with my mate when we put a hare up. It wan downhill out of sight, through a hedge and cantered up a ploughed field. I put the Anschutz semi-auto .22 LR up and lined the crosshairs on a point about 6 feet in front of it. It was still lolloping along. The first shot put up a puff of dust just behind. The second knocked it straight over. Right between the ears in the back of the head. My mate who is 6' 3" counted 173 paces from gun to target some of which was downhill and back up, but I reckon around 150 yds in a straight line.

:lol: Lots of chat before about 'ethical shots'

"You gotta be 110% sure of your shot"

"Only pull the trigger if you KNOW you are gonna hit it and kill it instantly"

"Airguns are only good for 40 yards max"

Nice to see the REAL world peeping it's head out....... :good:

:lol: Lots of chat before about 'ethical shots'

"You gotta be 110% sure of your shot"

"Only pull the trigger if you KNOW you are gonna hit it and kill it instantly"

"Airguns are only good for 40 yards max"

Nice to see the REAL world peeping it's head out....... :good:

I've shot and cleanly killed at long ranges but I wouldn't call them my best shots as I felt a bit guilty afterwards as I could have easily missed, it's easy to be holier than thou but when the adrenelin in pumping sometimes your common sense goes out the window.

Another interesting, but not best shot was killing 2 woodies with 1 pellet - straight through the head of one into the neck of another pecking some rape 6 feet behind, not my best shot as it was luck rather than judgement, but memorable none the less.

Many years ago in a land now forgotten, well it seems like it, all houses built there now.

I went out with my mate we both had BSA Meteors .22

We spotted some pigeons in a tree about 45 yrds away I took aim at the big plump one on a lower branch squeezed the trigger and phat off went the pellet.

Of course the pidgeon flew off, grrr "missed" my mate laughed, until plop out of the tree behind fell a pidgeon, shot straight through the head.

Not a bad shot considering I didn`t even see it. :smartass:

We still laugh about it after all this time.

Edited by settinsail