Bit of a rant to be honest

Acid House

All the clay grounds I frequent change the traps every couple of weeks for the up coming comps,so even if you got your eye in at practice and broke constantly most prolific shooters will up the anti and break in different places shoot symo in different orders ,at comp level a breaks a break and the pressure is on ,if grounds don't change surely your shooting stands still you'll know what lead to give it and where to break it ,and it becomes to regimented even mixing it up !

If you are not viewing the targets before you shoot them, i would imagine you get alot of 1st and 2nd bird losses where is the advantage of that? The next person to shoot needs to be more or less behind the cage otherwise he or she is at a definate disadvatage, Twenty feet away and the target will be feet away from where you think it appears and disappears. :sly: The ones who annoy me are the people who clutter up the obvious viewing area after they have already shot. Nuff sed from Auntie. :yes:

If you are not viewing the targets before you shoot them, i would imagine you get alot of 1st and 2nd bird losses where is the advantage of that? The next person to shoot needs to be more or less behind the cage otherwise he or she is at a definate disadvatage, Twenty feet away and the target will be feet away from where you think it appears and disappears. :sly: The ones who annoy me are the people who clutter up the obvious viewing area after they have already shot. Nuff sed from Auntie. :yes:

+1

It has to be a question of what is acceptable and we will all see that very differently.

If you stand behind the cage and do it discreetly then I would have no problem at all. Anyone shooting competitively should take every opportunity to see the targets and the best will do so.(So will students but hey, even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut :P )

I feel that moving about,crowding in behind and commenting or offering advice as a competitior is setting up is bad manners and pushing your luck and the rules.

Anyone impinging in to my field of vision can expect a long wait and a request from the referee to butt out. There is always the "baulk" rule.

Speaking personally once in the cage I don't normally ever hear anything from behind me as my focus is entirely on the front of the cage and what is going on out there. I know not everyone can filter out the background activities but it is worth working on.

In my experience unsolicited coaching advice is proportional to its volume, the louder they say it the less likely it is to be correct.

I have no objection to people watching the birds from behind when I shoot, I do this myself prior to my turn.

What I do object to is groups behind me talking/telling jokes/commenting in LOUD voices. I'm trying to concentrate, will you please SHUT UP!

I don't have that problem because of my already impaired hearing, once I have my protection on I can't hear anything at all.

I also don't have a problem with the next shooter standing behind the cage and having a butchers. It's the bobbers and weavers that stand up your *** peering down your barrels.

Is there a term for these types. I think there should be a little affectionate nick name we could collectively call them.

I vote for Fire Arms Guys Gawping Over The Shoulder.

A bit long I know but we could just use the initials.

Happy hunting :)

It's the critique which p***** me off, when you get some know all muttering to their mates in the queue behind you. Quiet please! The downside of using electronic muffs for clays..

I have no issues with bobbers and angle calculators as long as they're not too close, not to mention 'pointers' and once, a guy sketching with graph paper and pencil! :blink: Practice makes perfect and all that, just don't distract me by yabbering, or get so close as I 'accidentally' clonk you when I suddenly turn round :P

i am with acid house on this one ........

i have to admit to having faggots stood behind me yesterday and it does get right up my nose :D

i dont think its on for someone to be stood that close to me, bobbing and weaving and spoiling my enjoyment of the day by invading my personal space

the ones that then feel it necessary to tell you you were behind, over the top or just in front of that one are the ones you have missed are the ones that **** me off the most

i shot yesterday on sporting purely for pleasure with a mate, competition hell yes there is between me and him, but its as much about beating myself ............ i certainly dont want anyone telling me where i am missing, especially when you have to question the accuracy of the observation from over my shoulder .......

i shall now refer to said people as faggots ................

The downside of using electronic muffs for clays..

I have a mate who uses electronic muffs who also likes complete silence behind him, especially when he's missed a few! Totally naive and impossible on a busy sporting shoot. Electronic muffs need to be bought with some thought, and they very often aren't.

There are two types of competitiveness I have seen on clay grounds, and in many other sports too. There's the kind that, when faced with a few misses, he looks at stance, aiming points, swing, trap, lead etc etc and then, grimly determined, gets on with hitting the clays.

Then there's the other kind, who starts banging on about having brought the wrong gun, it was a 'no bird' because it flew one degree below that time, wrong chokes, 'someone talked' behind them, or some other BS excuse. YOU JUST MISSED IT!

Mind you, I have never had someone approaching me from the rear and inspecting my barrels, maybe my *** just ain't cute enough.

I have offered my gun to the free coach's behind the stand, no takers :no: , equally I have stood behind the free coaches on their turn in the cages complimenting them on their technique :lol::lol: , they are often the first to turn around and ask for quiet :angry: :angry: . But in the main turn off and ignore it, even with electronic ear defenders it is possible to have selective hearing, just pretend you are at home and the wife is talking to you :lol::lol:

bakerboy

Great debate that one :good:

I shoot game and clay and they are so different, we have to understand and respect those difference's.

As for the "space invaders" and "gobby's", I usually find a pair of strategically aimed ejected cart's get the point across :lol::lol:

Great debate that one :good:

I shoot game and clay and they are so different, we have to understand and respect those difference's.

As for the "space invaders" and "gobby's", I usually find a pair of strategically aimed ejected cart's get the point across :lol::lol:

Not like a Taffy to sit on the fence or are you just a scouser who snook under the radar.

Now then who else can I insult............... :lol::lol::lol:

Love the cart idea........... :good:

I have offered my gun to the free coach's behind the stand, no takers :no: , equally I have stood behind the free coaches on their turn in the cages complimenting them on their technique :lol::lol: , they are often the first to turn around and ask for quiet :angry: :angry: . But in the main turn off and ignore it, even with electronic ear defenders it is possible to have selective hearing, just pretend you are at home and the wife is talking to you :lol::lol:

bakerboy

GOD I NEVER HERE THE WIFE