show off your guns

pestforce

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Springers recoil with the pellet still in the barrel...holding it absorbs this recoil (once you have learnt how to shoot it properly) - a bipod will not absorb the recoil and will bounce the rifle about making it horribly inaccurate. Not 100% sure with a gas ram but I think the same logic applies.

And Alex.mc for:

I think the theory is that a spring gun will need to recoil usually in a sliding motion. If you grip your gun in such a way that it can't easily slide straight back then it affects the barrel alignment before the pellet has left. Bipods will make your barrel move in a way that affects the aim.

I'm making assumptions there, but bipods and springers are well known bad company.

Thanks for the replies guys. So my new gun is a Gamo Hunter IGT .22. 1st new air rifle since I got a Relum Telly .22 in 1973... I would post a pic, but it is bog-standard, so nothing to brag about... However, if anyone can advise whether it would be worth buying a bipod, and also a decent but budget scope I would be very grateful. It will be used for rabbits up to about 30 yards or so.

Thanks again,

Mike.

OK, they're not pretty - yet. I acquired a 1958 BSA Airsporter and a late 70's HW35 last week from Phil21. They are in a bad way but I'm slowly bringing them back to life.

HW35

post-20802-0-07582000-1372192088_thumb.jpg

BSA

post-20802-0-03484700-1372191835_thumb.jpg

I've finished the BSA stock and started on the metalwork but still got loads to do.

here's the walnut stock now:

post-20802-0-83044700-1372192028_thumb.jpg

Edited by FalconFN

Hi

A few more acquisitions or pics I missed originally...

2x Webley mk1 pisolas...

Webleymkx21b.jpg

The bottom one of these two came to live with me a few weeks ago..

2xShinsungCareer_zps9deb1249.jpg

Air Arms Khamsin (a do-er upper!!)..

AirArmsKhamsin1.jpg

Another do-er upper is this gasrammed Air Arms AR7..

AR7b.jpg

Beretta mod92..

Beretta92fs1.jpg

Brocock Hunter, didn't care much for the glass fibre stock so i 'won' one on fleabay made of wood!!

Brocockafter4.jpg

BrocockHunter3_zpsf22e06fa.jpg

'The BSA Air Rifle' from 1906..

BSA16.jpg

BSA Airsporter mk1 in the rare .177cal...

177mk1l1.jpg

BSA Lightning mk1 and XL..

Lightningsx2b_zps0563b30c.jpg

BSA Scorpion, totally mint condition!

Scorpion9.jpg

Scorpion6.jpg

BSA Superstar mk1..

0003.jpg

L to R..

BSA Airsporter RB2k

BSA Mercury Challenger

BSA Airsporter 'S'

AM2.jpg

BSA Buccaneer (in need of tlc)..

BSABuccaneer.jpg

Diana mk4

PistolDianamk4a.jpg

HW35 from 1979

HW35Optima4x40wa1.jpg

HW80

HW80a1.jpg

Original mod2

PistolOriginalm2d.jpg

Relum 'Jelly'!!

RJ5.jpg

Webley Tracker in need of some tlc!!

WebleyTrackerb2.jpg

SMK B45-3

B45-3s.jpg

SMK TH78

rifleTH78b.jpg

Walther LP53

WaltherLP53a.jpg

Webley mk1 air rifle with all etching still evident..

Wmk1b.jpg

Wmk1za.jpg

Wmk1l.jpg

Now have four Webley mk3s, the bottom one came to live with me but needed tlc, a few screws and a sear later (off fleabay!!), it shoots superbly..

4mk3c.jpg

The top Webley Premier is a recent addition..

P-003.jpg

HW90 & Webley Vulcan KS, I bought them together so I photo'd them together..

RifleHW90-VulcanKS.jpg

Cheers, John :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

It would appear that Photobucket wants me to pay for their (****!) services so have blocked my pics :/

I'm not giving them money for a service that 1000% worse than whe I first joined years ago so i've opened an account with Imgur but it will take an age to upload all my pics so if anyone wants to look at my guns, they can be found here at flickr...

MY GUNS

A picture of my 3 guns.I did post on another thread but think it was the wrong one.

Top one is my HW100 in .177 which I have been using for the last 3 years to get rid of rabbits at my permission.

Just got my FAC and SGC 2 weeks ago so got a Browning A bolt Gold Meddalion .22 rimfire which is the middle gun,this fires sweet and does really good groups at 75 yards.I just love the woodwork on this rifle.It has accounted for 10 rabbits already.All taken between 40 and 60 yards.

The bottom one is my Kestrel side by side 12 bore.I got it 2 days ago from a friend.I used it under his supervision a few months ago for the first time and fell in love with it after getting a few rooks.Just need to get down the clay ground now and get some practice in.

001.jpg

A picture of my 3 guns.I did post on another thread but think it was the wrong one.

Top one is my HW100 in .177 which I have been using for the last 3 years to get rid of rabbits at my permission.

Just got my FAC and SGC 2 weeks ago so got a Browning A bolt Gold Meddalion .22 rimfire which is the middle gun,this fires sweet and does really good groups at 75 yards.I just love the woodwork on this rifle.It has accounted for 10 rabbits already.All taken between 40 and 60 yards.

The bottom one is my Kestrel side by side 12 bore.I got it 2 days ago from a friend.I used it under his supervision a few months ago for the first time and fell in love with it after getting a few rooks.Just need to get down the clay ground now and get some practice in.

001.jpg

love the SXS mate, you must be like me , I prefer to use SXS than O/U much nicer feel in the hand I just don't like the chunky forend on o/u,s

Hi all

It would appear that Photobucket wants me to pay for their (****!) services so have blocked my pics :/

I'm not giving them money for a service that 1000% worse than whe I first joined years ago so i've opened an account with Imgur but it will take an age to upload all my pics so if anyone wants to look at my guns, they can be found here at flickr...

MY GUNS

Them shinsung careers look very interesting! I like

Edited by Malik

Hi all

MY GUNS

That is not a collection that is a flaming arsenal!

Edited by secretagentmole