guns

hi what gun would you preffer to use for pegion i have a over under 28" barrel or my 30" semi auto 3 shot mag

What semi 30" are you using fella?

I have a 26" and can't hit a barn door with it - have a 32" O/U and have a decent ratio

Struggled to find a semi with a long barrel......

Personally I can't abide the people on here that get pedantic about other member's failure to use appropriate punctuation and a spell check tool but i am somewhat disapointed that this isn't a thread regarding which gun is most suitable for shooting witches with! :lol::hmm: :lo

Personally I can't abide the people on here that get pedantic about other member's failure to use appropriate punctuation and a spell check tool but i am somewhat disapointed that this isn't a thread regarding which gun is most suitable for shooting witches with! :lol::hmm: :lo

We recently had a witch cull here. My Marlin .357 dealt with them nicely.

What semi 30" are you using fella?

I have a 26" and can't hit a barn door with it - have a 32" O/U and have a decent ratio

Struggled to find a semi with a long barrel......

had the same problem with short barreled semis.i now use a 30"maxus wich is almost 4" longer than my 30" o/u and find i get on great with it for decoying and clays

• 1 month later...

Witch.png

I think the kids are using a 16" mossburg 500 with ghost ring sights and weaver rail these days

The witchsmeller pursuivant.

HI Mate

The semi is great in a hide but you may find the 30" barrels catch or snag on your net.

I have a 28" Semi and a 30" O/U. When I first had the opportunity to shoot pigeons from a hide and could not decide which to take so I took both and pretty soon put the O/U away in favour of the semi.

ATB

This is my thoughts and preference.

I've never been an auto fan personally. One reason , because of the extra length in a small hide, and secondly ,they seem to spray cartridges all over place when you have a half decent day.

I use a 28" o/u in the hide, I have used a 30" o/u in the hide in the past, but I find I'd rather have the shorter barrel to lessen the chance of snagging the net.

I find that I can load my o/u ejector quick enough for most situations. I have in the past, shot 4 pigeons with 4 shots that have come into the decoys together, and thats no bull, as I have a witness, and I'm sure other people have done it too. So you can load an o/u quick enough with a bit of practice.

Like I've said, just my opinions and preferences.

I would not advise anybody, either way ,because they might shoot a semi auto better or whatever. Whatever you like yourself, is the best for you. :good:

the net.

I find that I can load my o/u ejector quick enough for most situations. I have in the past, shot 4 pigeons with 4 shots that have come into the decoys together, and thats no bull, as I have a witness, and I'm sure other people have done it too. So you can load an o/u quick enough with a bit of practice.

If the pigeons around your way are that slow you would have had 6 with the auto :lol:

being serious only you can decide what suits you best , I have documented on this forum my battle to come to terms with using a beretta auto after years of using a O/U only in the last week or two do I feel I am turning the corner and shooting anything like as well as I did with my O/U both have benefits and draw backs , the last time out for instance I had a couple of doubles where I got a bird first shot and needed two at the second and I remember thinking to myself that would not have happened with a O/U as caeser has posted it is possible but take that as the exception not the rule, I also remember during the same session thinking what a pain in the backside it is trying to find 50 empty shells in a over grown dyke and field !

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

This is my thoughts and preference.

I've never been an auto fan personally. One reason , because of the extra length in a small hide, and secondly ,they seem to spray cartridges all over place when you have a half decent day.

I use a 28" o/u in the hide, I have used a 30" o/u in the hide in the past, but I find I'd rather have the shorter barrel to lessen the chance of snagging the net.

Like I've said, just my opinions and preferences.

I would not advise anybody, either way ,because they might shoot a semi auto better or whatever. Whatever you like yourself, is the best for you. :good:

:good: :good: :good: