52 members have voted

1. 1. do you shoot pigeons at all and if so how much

• ever week
    • monthly
    • when you can and afford to
    • wish you had the ground to do it at all
    • just talk and think about it
    • The OP has no life

i have only been a member for a short while i joined in the hope to meet other shooters with more info on this game but it become apparent that either the name of the forum is not really relevant as either not much pigeon shooting goes on or its kept quite

i think its great there sub forums but not a hole lot of input comes in about pigeon movements in the country etc in the sporting pictures section only a few of the 20 current posts are about pigeons mostly ducks flying pictures etc and the pictures of pigeons are all by a small band of members thanks coxy

I shot 5 last night, does that count?

I can tell you that in this part of the world (Cheshire) there are quite a few paired up and nesting yet still a good few flocked together. The flocks are pretty terrortorial and can be found in the same area each day, but do vary the fields where they feed and the stuff they feed on. Sometimes in maize stubble, sometimes on grassland (presumably after clover), some on the ivy berries and some of the time on new seedings.

The ones I shot last night looked in very good condition. (well, before i shot them they were)

Hope that helps a bit. :)

When theres shooting in numbers its often reported on here , just that a lot of folk finding it thin on the ground for birds at the moment in many areas, I know i am.

Most wont bother to report on just a few birds in the bag but more likely on the respectable bags a little more worthy to chat/comment about.

Some prefer to hang up their guns during the birds breeding season.

The reports will increase later in the summer moveing into autum undoubtedly.

I rarely shoot pigeons, we simply don't get the numbers around our way (mate had a bad of 60ish over jan but that's rare)

Occasionally roost shoot … very occasionally.

I joined the site seeking rifle information for a variation … and your right that does seem to be the most popular of the boards.

I think it's a case of a few members who like to take photos of their spoils and report, I've never had the want to take pics of my kills … infact, my pals would think I was strange if I wanted pics of dead game & foxes!

There are a lot of people out shooting pigeons almost every day, they don't post daily reports, many don't even post photos, unless it of an extraordinary bag.

Go and look in the Pigeon Shooting Section, which contains the sub Forums, "Tips and Tricks", "Pigeon Shooting Equipment", and "Talk from the Field", if you have any questions about how people are doing, bird movements in specific areas, decoy layouts, equipment, etc., post in the right sub Forum and you will get a response.

i have only been a member for a short while i joined in the hope to meet other shooters with more info on this game but it become apparent that either the name of the forum is not really relevant as either not much pigeon shooting goes on or its kept quite

i think its great there sub forums but not a hole lot of input comes in about pigeon movements in the country etc in the sporting pictures section only a few of the 20 current posts are about pigeons mostly ducks flying pictures etc and the pictures of pigeons are all by a small band of members thanks coxy

sorry to see you do not enjoy the forum as such, and sorry you seem not to have enjoyed the "ducks flying pictures" as this was probably from a post that i put up I would have been interested if you had posted your criticism on the thread.

You have been the first to post a negative thread about the pictures I and a few others have posted. if this is a general feeling I would be happy to stop the posts.

As you said you have only been associated with this site for a short period, stick around and you will realise this is a brilliant sight full of the most helpful people that will surprise you with their generosity and knowledge, ask the questions and you will be rewarded with a wealth of experience.

By and large we are all linked with a love of the outdoors in its many different forms

all the best

doc

sorry to see you do not enjoy the forum as such, and sorry you seem not to have enjoyed the "ducks flying pictures" as this was probably from a post that i put up I would have been interested if you had posted your criticism on the thread.

You have been the first to post a negative thread about the pictures I and a few others have posted. if this is a general feeling I would be happy to stop the posts.

As you said you have only been associated with this site for a short period, stick around and you will realise this is a brilliant sight full of the most helpful people that will surprise you with their generosity and knowledge, ask the questions and you will be rewarded with a wealth of experience.

By and large we are all linked with a love of the outdoors in its many different forms

all the best

doc

doc not wanting to complain about your pictures just was intrested in the forums background members as from my point of view very few shoot pigeons from the post i have read with a few key members m robson and protom etc yes i agree this is a wonderful site but i think we all share a love of the countryside which is one of the joys of our hobby and nothing wrong with that but i must confess that the content of sporting pictures is more like the countryfile photo comp thanks coxy

Do not stop doc! They are great, how many members? must be millions, I think we should have a vote for doc's photos page as I am a deffinate yes! Oh and I have shot at loads of pigeons recently but mostly missed.

This is a club forum for pople who general get on and generally like the same sort of stuff have a good chat and a bit of banter, long may it continue. If this was just 100% dedicated to where pigeons were then I think even I might get a little bored in the end,,, :yes:

At certain times of the year (and not just on stubble) i might be out three or four times a week and other times like the last few months not at all. It depends on whats on my permissions and also whats going on with work. I work some pretty hectic shifts so sometimes the shifts/birds and weather just do no tally. I have the same problem with fishing on my kayak but then there are tides to consider as well.

given the chance. Every day. reality more than 52 times a year but that doesn't mean once a week.

I love the outdoors and love having things in my sights or my view finder too. Bit like the TV are forums....if you don't like a program/thread don't watch/read it ;)

Edited by danccooke

its not about liking it or disliking it i said neither just intrested in what percentage shoot pigeons whats the history of the site how did it all start etc i think the pictures are great but are they really sporting pictures i thought a widlife picture section would be good to split the two very diffrent parts of our sport thanks coxy

its not about liking it or disliking it i said neither just intrested in what percentage shoot pigeons whats the history of the site how did it all start etc i think the pictures are great but are they really sporting pictures i thought a widlife picture section would be good to split the two very diffrent parts of our sport thanks coxy

this is a shooting forum fella from airrifles to elephant cannons but its so much more as well iv meet

at lest 10 pepole of here and took them shooting on my land

and iv all so bin invited on theres its a top site and im glad to be a member ...swiss

Some interesting points and discussion on this thread, I have often wondered about the validity of some the pictures I have posted on PW, it being a pigeon shooting site, but after studying the response that Greengrass was getting to his superb pictures, I thought I would post a few of mine.

I do post them on a photographic site as well, but have to be honest and felt they were better appreciated on good old PW. (nicer crowd here). I have tried to bias it towards wildfowl, but have slipped in a few which the original post has quite correctly pointed out are not really "sporting pictures". will try to be a bit more selective in the posts in the future, and let those nasty people on the photographic site rip the **** out of my other ones

I think that gingercoxy has made some reasonable points, I fully understand how someone coming onto this site at the beginning might wonder what we are all about, hopefully he will stay and enjoy the mad, hilarious and informative world of PW

doc

well as been said its a shootingforum which involves bag pics and wildlife pics..also involves shooting of wildlife so all bases covered in my opinion.

your not going to get pics of hundred bags shot all the time by every member because that dosn,t happen all the time, but i will be sure to post a ton bag when it comes along until then i;ll keep posting mediorce bags when i get them for people who might be interested.

this is a shooting forum fella from airrifles to elephant cannons but its so much more as well iv meet

at lest 10 pepole of here and took them shooting on my land

and iv all so bin invited on theres its a top site and im glad to be a member ...swiss

Agree with all above.

Plus I've met some very generous and giving PW'ers that have helped me out in many ways, I hope I can contribute as much in the future.

To me, PW is living proof that community spirit thrives :good:

Edited by The Duncan

I love photography as much as I do shooting. I'm happy to see pics if peoples dogs. Ferrets. Bags they've shot or views of where they have been. Can't help thinking though a sub for dead stuff and one for everything else??? Or if it ain't broke dan shut thef kup ???

I love photography as much as I do shooting. I'm happy to see pics if peoples dogs. Ferrets. Bags they've shot or views of where they have been. Can't help thinking though a sub for dead stuff and one for everything else??? Or if it ain't broke dan shut thef kup ???

how abou a sub forum for pictures of members wifes coxy