French Burka Ban

pavman

"I say to you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. As for my enemies who do not want me to reign over them, bring them here and kill them in my presence" (Luke 19:26-27).

This is the end of a parable to his disciples, he's not actually telling them to bring people and slay them in front of him.

"Do not think that I have come to send peace on Earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" (Matthew 10:34-35)

Again he's talking figuratively, he hasn't just come to deliver peace on earth (that's up to us). The next two verses make it a bit clearer...

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."

Deuteronomy's the old testament.

Nial.

Edited by Nial

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your talking about a few dodgy priests

You show me where I back-tracked??? I refuse to accept the census records because I know what I see with my own eyes.

Tell you something you wouldn't make jokes about the abuse of children to my face I'd knock you up and down the street rozzer or not ;)

:rolleyes:

"and with that evidence your honour!"

This is the end of a parable to his disciples, he's not actually telling them to bring people and slay them in front of him.

Again he's talking figuratively, he hasn't just come to deliver peace on earth (that's up to us). The next two verses make it a bit clearer...

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."

Deuteronomy's the old testament.

Nial.

As with the Koran, the Bible is subject to interpretation. You can find just as much warmongering in the King James edition as in the Sunni Quran if you choose to interpret it that way. Some of the Bible waving Mid-West Americans seize on certain parts of the Koran and use them to demonize Muslims in the same way Americans demonised Communists in the past. Muslims can explain away this interpretation giving a different meaning in the same way that you have.

The current splits in the C of E can be seen as evidence of differences of interpretation. Not many follow the strict code of the Bible and only extreme sections of the Muslim world practice all the Koran's verses.

It wouldn't surprise me. Behind you !!!! Behind you !!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh no he isn't!!!!

He's on his park bench in Nelson gathering real evidence.

And some _very_ angry ones...

http://www.muslimsagainstcrusades.com/

The ironic thing is they're on a crusade (if you read the FAQ which seems to be broken), so they're

protesting against themselves.

But they probably don't see the funny side of that :no:

Nial.

I cant understand why we allow such filth to blight our shores and keep such a web site active its beyond protest :no:

I cant understand why we allow such filth to blight our shores and keep such a web site active its beyond protest :no:

funnily enough an awful lot of people over here agree with them to a large extent Pavman. Their main issue is the wars we've taken on in their countries which have displaced them and made them emigrate.

Sadly the site is there due to democracy but must be on the edge of being removed

As with the Koran, the Bible is subject to interpretation. You can find just as much warmongering in the King James edition as in the Sunni Quran if you choose to interpret it that way. Some of the Bible waving Mid-West Americans seize on certain parts of the Koran and use them to demonize Muslims in the same way Americans demonised Communists in the past. Muslims can explain away this interpretation giving a different meaning in the same way that you have.

The current splits in the C of E can be seen as evidence of differences of interpretation. Not many follow the strict code of the Bible and only extreme sections of the Muslim world practice all the Koran's verses.

Oh no he isn't!!!!

He's on his park bench in Nelson gathering real evidence.

You need to brush up on you English history the current splits are due to a fat king wanting to get divorced and re-marry with a few political flavourings thrown in. nothing to do with interpretations of a book.

Edited by Cranfield