Which Sat Nav?

pegleg31

I've recently started doing some insurance work for a company and travel a fair distance.So i'm looking for a cheap Sat Nav that i can throw in the van that will do post codes.I'm useless when it comes to this sort of stuff and usually rely on a map, but as i need to find houses and then builders merchants i think a Sat Nav will help :blush:

Russ

After my recent experiance, I would not recomend anything that uses google maps, It took me a very long way around, then took me off a main road, a couple of miles later sent me down a road which turned out to be a single track road which ended up in a dead end miles away from where I wanted to be. :(

Edited by BerettaSV10

I've recently started doing some insurance work for a company and travel a fair distance.So i'm looking for a cheap Sat Nav that i can throw in the van that will do post codes.I'm useless when it comes to this sort of stuff and usually rely on a map, but as i need to find houses and then builders merchants i think a Sat Nav will help :blush:

Russ

Russ

Sorry to jump on your thread... (buy TomTom by the way) But I have a TomTom one that I bought for my mum last year, it's a factory refurb bought direct from TomTom, I paid about 65 quid for it, should have been about £100 or something in halfrauds.. Anyhoo... when it arrived the sound was intermitent so I was going to send it back for a refund but completely forgot about it and missed the return window!!!!

So, to cut a long story short, if you aren't bothered about the sound (i have mine switched off most of the time) you can have this for £30 shipped, boxed as (refurbished) new straight from TomTom!

Let me know.

Paul :good:

Edited by Vipa

I have a garmin nuve 360 uk/eu had it for 5yrs never let me down,Used tomtom with a previose job that was given to its drivers total **** thats why i got the garmin alot less hassle to use,Got my daugther a cheep sat/nav from argos for £50 its a good little tool,ive used it on 2 trips to try it did the job.

cheers chris. :good:

Tom Tom basic model every time. It IS worth paying the annual fee for map updates, even in these hard up times we seem to be continually building new or changing existing roads. The speed camera alert is also worthwhile, especially when in towns you don't know.

I have a 'Tomtom start' which is their entry level satnav and it works alright,but does occasionally suffer from dyslexia-i can input a road and it wont have heard of it even if its been there since the dawn of time.Cost me £99 from Halfords and despite not having all the whistles and bells of some other brands it is very easy to use.

I do have a womans voice giving me directions on it so perhaps it wont get it wrong as much if a chap was doing it?

I have a navman which is 4 years old now, also have a company issued tom tom.

The naveman is more accurate with the house numbers and post codes.

Tom tom has more features (most I dont use) although the bridge heights are handy at times when Im out in the lorry :blush:

does anyone know who updates,or repaires them, if i put my postcode in it sends me 6 miles away. tryed halfords but they no longer do them, its a tomtom1

Have you not stored "Home" on it?

If you do, just store the destination down the road incase it gets stolen with your car and house keys!

Update on line :good:

Plug into PC, go on line follow instructions :yes:

Then get to pay a stupid amount for what you just did :mad::mad:

I bought my wife a Tom Tom go after getting hacked off with her useing mine all the time. Only about £80 brand new from Halfords.

I use mine all day every day, and would be lost without it. I use a Tom tom 920T that was given as a replacement for my other one that gave up under warranty(night screen wouldn't work). I would recomend it if you can strech that far as it has everything you could need. The best being the warning of delays,accidents etc. It has saved me hours and a lot of stress. If you set up the preferances right it always get you there on time.

I had one problem with mine trying to update it, and it all went wrong. The Tom Tom help desk spent an hour on the phone talking me through it, as I did it on the laptop.

Before anyone asks. The no. is 08451610009.

I have no experience with the Garmin, but my mate has one. Every time he switches it on he has to remind it he speaks English and lives in England.Maybe he hasn't set it up correctly.