rabbit and fox shooting trips

a nights rabbit shooting on a lovely golf course with either air gun or rimfire,you will be driven around the course with the chance to shoot as many rabbits as possable,then we will move to other ground to try and take a fox with a centre fire rifle again being driven around.

you can use your own rifle or I will supply one,we will be out for aprox 3 hrs

the cost will be £50 per person (can take 2 max) if you need the use of a rifle you will be charged for ammo used

must have insurance

anyone interested please PM

please keep any negatives comments to yourselves and not on my post,thank you

Ackley,

Is the land cleared or is this for open licence holders?

I don't get much rabbit shooting...tempted.

a nights rabbit shooting on a lovely golf course with either air gun or rimfire,you will be driven around the course with the chance to shoot as many rabbits as possable,then we will move to other ground to try and take a fox with a centre fire rifle again being driven around.

you can use your own rifle or I will supply one,we will be out for aprox 3 hrs

the cost will be £50 per person (can take 2 max) if you need the use of a rifle you will be charged for ammo used

must have insurance

anyone interested please PM

please keep any negatives comments to yourselves and not on my post,thank you

I thought he said no negative comments! for those that havent been before and wish to try out a new form of sport or those without permission 50 quid is very cheap and good value, most of my mates play golf they dont own golf courses but hapily pay that amount to have a round or two same for shooting, nothing in life is free and if people are happy to pay let them ! who are we to judge !

• 2 weeks later...

Potentially getting paid £100 for 3 hours lamping.

Hope you declare it on your tax return.

Im with you on that,could understand if he said 20 for the night add 20 for ammo.

I will never pay to shoot rabbit,that geezer must think were ideots or just trying to take advantage of people who are new,he would be on £500 quid a night minus his £20 petrol and £20 ammo,tell you what,come shoot my place for £20 a hour while I sit on me backside drinking coffee.

If he was offering Deer/pheasant/partridge or some thing may be but vermin?I dont think so and if I was that desperate and had a fac I wouldnt need too buy a nights shoot,Id buy a fox call.

Negative posts must be made so noobs don't get mugged off,simple as that.

Edited by HEAD SHOT NO1

I thought he said no negative comments! for those that havent been before and wish to try out a new form of sport or those without permission 50 quid is very cheap and good value, most of my mates play golf they dont own golf courses but hapily pay that amount to have a round or two same for shooting, nothing in life is free and if people are happy to pay let them ! who are we to judge !

:good: I quite often pay a bullseye for a days trout fishing and come away without even a smile. I'd be on this one like a shot if it were closer to home.

Im with you on that,could understand if he said 20 for the night add 20 for ammo.

I will never pay to shoot rabbit,that geezer must think were ideots or just trying to take advantage of people who are new,he would be on £500 quid a night minus his £20 petrol and £20 ammo,tell you what,come shoot my place for £20 a hour while I sit on me backside drinking coffee.

If he was offering Deer/pheasant/partridge or some thing may be but vermin?I dont think so and if I was that desperate and had a fac I wouldnt need too buy a nights shoot,Id buy a fox call.

hardly £100 for 3 hrs now is it,you havnt thougt this through have you sonny,1 person 3 hrs 2 people would be a lot longer,and have you priced fuel up lately,I can get through £20 worths very easy driving around my land,so I could possably make £30 for 3 hrs,Iam sure even you can do the maths on that one.

and whats the difference between paying £75 for 3 hrs stalking and paying £50 for 3 hrs foxing and rabbit shooting ?? there none

pray tell how I would be on £500 a night ?? isnt that 10 people,sorry but I couldnt fit that many into my Hi Lux :rolleyes:

feel free to take peopke on your spot for £20 per hour which is a little expensive seeing iam only £10 per hour,but besides being a lot cheaper than you I wouldnt be sat on my *** drinking coffee,and going by your posts you aint got no rabbits so whos the one "mugging" people off

engage your brain mate before posting again you dont want to make yourself look more stupid than you have already

by the way the guys who have been out with me were very happy :D

just looking through your post histoy its obvious you aint got a clue about land and shooting,you iant even got a gun,you will learn the hard way,best stick to your ferrets :lol:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/165551-west-mids/page__p__1403781#entry1403781

Edited by Ackley

Not being funny, but it's all relative based on how much you want to go and if you are willing to pay for it.

If your going to make good use to the game, then siting down with a nice glass of red and a fresh game pie, after a shoot the night before is worth it in my eyes...

Leave the guy offering alone.

If you dont like the offer then dont go.

Surprisingly there are some adults on the site who can make up their own minds about wether to accept this offer or not.

If the guy does not offer value for money it will stop. If he does then someone who goes will post and others will have enjoyed an evenings sport. Would you offer this opportunity or would you do it for nothing?

In responding, offer experience even reasoned and reasonable comment but the 'I'm a man and my opinion counts bridage' make me spit.

I for one hope we see a continuation of offers, for cash or for free. The shooting community needs to grow not shoot itself in the foot - again.

Leave the guy offering alone.

If you dont like the offer then dont go.

Surprisingly there are some adults on the site who can make up their own minds about wether to accept this offer or not.

If the guy does not offer value for money it will stop. If he does then someone who goes will post and others will have enjoyed an evenings sport. Would you offer this opportunity or would you do it for nothing?

In responding, offer experience even reasoned and reasonable comment but the 'I'm a man and my opinion counts bridage' make me spit.

I for one hope we see a continuation of offers, for cash or for free. The shooting community needs to grow not shoot itself in the foot - again.

Well said that Man :good:

im with kes on this one

if you want to go then pay if you dont then dont

but dont sling comments at a guy who is getting a bit of pocket money and providing people who dont get the chance to shoot an oppertunity to shoot..

He'd be right in thinking you were an IDIOT wouldn't he?

I think that some posters on here would benefit from revisiting the old saying, "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and prove it beyond all doubt...."

The OP is offering folks a chance that many simply would not be lucky enough to experience otherwise.

It's between him and those who decide to take him up on his offer as to the remuneration he gets.

Those of us lucky enough to have access to land to shoot over need not apply - some are not so fortunate as to be in our position.

Good luck and safe hunting.

Just my 2p worth.... :P

My first reaction, like many, was to think that an offer like this is somehow wrong. I didn't know exactly why, but it's probably something to do with that peculiar English sense of "fair play" telling me that Ackley should share his good fortune for free.

My first reaction was, of course, wrong.

Ackleys shoots aren't actually "free" to him at all, they represent a considerable investment in time and effort to gain not only the trust of the landowners but also the skills required to gain that trust.

They represent the effort of going out there in carp weather to sort a pest problem in winter, of blank trips, of hours spent just checking out the land.

If you weigh up this the cost seems pretty reasonable, my only question is does the landowner get his piece of the pie ?

My first reaction, like many, was to think that an offer like this is somehow wrong. I didn't know exactly why, but it's probably something to do with that peculiar English sense of "fair play" telling me that Ackley should share his good fortune for free.

My first reaction was, of course, wrong.

Ackleys shoots aren't actually "free" to him at all, they represent a considerable investment in time and effort to gain not only the trust of the landowners but also the skills required to gain that trust.

They represent the effort of going out there in carp weather to sort a pest problem in winter, of blank trips, of hours spent just checking out the land.

If you weigh up this the cost seems pretty reasonable, my only question is does the landowner get his piece of the pie ?

Easy - isn't that mock swearing?????

Anyhow, I know what you mean.

I am happy to offer newbies some accompanied hunting - air rifle rabbiting, shotgunning woodies from the hides on my permissions for free. But I don't begrudge people charging for the privilege.

There is a certain comradeship amongst us field sports enthusiasts I feel (akin to bikers - another outcast group of society I belong to) so I don't mind sharing my earned good fortune. What do I get in return? Good karma.

Of course, it's not as if guests would have 'free reign' and would always have to be accompanied by myself or the landowners would be up in arms.

Good luck to the OP.

Duncan

Potentially getting paid £100 for 3 hours lamping.

Hope you declare it on your tax return.

He could also take just one person out for 3 hours, make £50 and spend £30 on diesel.

You people really should engage your brain before going near the keyboard.

Its hard out there in many jobs so you get offers from opportunists seeing what extra they can make. If you don't like it don't feel compelled to complain as someone who hasn't got their own shooting will take up the offer and learn a fair bit. In an ideal world we wouldn't pay for anything but its not an ideal world. If its such a bad offer then no one will take it up and it won't get offered but bitching about it isn't needed.

Here we go again! ZZzzzzzzzzzzz :/

Same old, Same old...

Not really sure why the knockers feel they have to pounce at every opportunity and p!ss on somebody elses' chips?

The OP aint exactly creaming it now is he? - simply giving some shooting opportunities to anybody who wants to try their hand aand cover his expenses and buy him a little drink.

Ackley - good on you fella, don't let the trolls stop you doing what your'e doing

ATB

Andy