baikal shotguns

wader74

hi all was just wondering what you all think of baikal shotguns?, i dont want to pay mega money for a gun it will only be used for a bit of clay bashing and the odd outing rough shooting only want to spend about £300 on a gun please help thanks everyone :good:

carnt fault mine i have had 2 both never missed a beat,and if your useing it in the field you won't be bother'd if it gets mucked up and scratched

but like has been said not much to look at,but if your a (tackle tart) as they say in the fishing circles it wont be your cup of tea m8

atb mark

Just get something that fits, baikal are tough and rugged but if it don't fit it don't matter..... There are many serviceable fixed choke guns for £300 or less, rizzini, sabbatti, FIAS and there clones are worth a look, get something choked 1/2 or less for clays

I have had a couple over the years you cant really go wrong for the money built like tanks if a little crude they do the job perfectly,all I would say clean them well after use in damp conditions as the barrels outers soon take on rust.

As per someone else's reply there are plenty fixed choke guns available I picked myself a rizzini sideplate ejector for £280 in very good condition when I started last year and love it, had no hassle with it and not paranoid about the odd scratch on it, and I shoot far better with it than my Browning

what about there semi autos??

The baikal mp-153 is a very good semi auto for a very reasonable price. They say that they cycle from 21g upto 64g carts. They are very rugged and very reliable.

A great all rounder and seriously worth considering :good: :good: :good:

Here's a link to a review of the baikal

Edited by Simon123

Good cheap guns for the money. I had a baikel o/u 12bore, which came with 2 set of barrels. 26inch skeet and 28inch sporting i think they were. Cost me £100 and I gave it loads of use. It must have been 30 years old or more but it was still really stiff to open which is a common thing with them. Apart from that they are not a pretty gun to look at being a more practical gun rather than show. But, both myself and my brother must have put thousands of cartridges through it over the time I had it.

In the end I sold it to a local gunshop for £150.

Good cheap guns for the money. I had a baikel o/u 12bore, which came with 2 set of barrels. 26inch skeet and 28inch sporting i think they were. Cost me £100 and I gave it loads of use. It must have been 30 years old or more but it was still really stiff to open which is a common thing with them. Apart from that they are not a pretty gun to look at being a more practical gun rather than show. But, both myself and my brother must have put thousands of cartridges through it over the time I had it.

In the end I sold it to a local gunshop for £150.

At least you made some money out of it after those 30 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must have been a good long term investment :lol: :lol: :lol: