shotgun licence questions

clayface

Hi All - my first post so be gentle with me - or not

I am just completing my application for a first shotgun licence and need a countersig

My choices are

Landlord of Local Pub

Ex boss (just been made redundant)

Neighbour - just a bloke who works for the fire service

which would best?

Cheers :good:

It's different if you're applying for a SGC than a FAC.

Shotty certs need a professional; Doctor, Lawyer etc. You may find your application gets turned down if you use any of your selected counter-signatories. (maybe not the fireman)

FAC can be anyone, but you would aim to select someone who currently holds firearms and can be deemed a good judge of character.

Edited by Billy.

ex boss is head of public protection for local authority so sounds like the best shot!

Also I have a dd and other driving offences from 25 years ago - is this likely to be a big problem?

I don't think the dd will be a problem as it was years ago just remember to declare it and anything else i had an interesting youth and still got mine

Edited by Davie_M

ex boss is head of public protection for local authority so sounds like the best shot!

Also I have a dd and other driving offences from 25 years ago - is this likely to be a big problem?

I`m afraid for DD and other driving offences picked up 25 years ago they will place you infront of a wall and bring out a blindfold.

Anyone of good character will do, the old idea of `professional people only` went out years ago.

a honest hard working bloke is every bit as good as your average lawyer, estate agent Etc

Yes I spoke to my FAO today and he said that any of the 3 would be fine

just don't use a mp though :lol:

You could but he would have to claim for it and most probably class it as an HD 3D LED 50" TV...or a Duck House.

My very first, all those 40 years ago, was the local Justice of the Peace. When I handed it in at the nick the Duty Officer said.....hmmmm, you should be alright with this application son.

More recently, last 20 years, the Deputy Chief Constable (a neighbour) but that got rejected on the grounds coppers could not sign certs.

The latest and last my accountant...now deceased.

Edited by B25Modelman

It's different if you're applying for a SGC than a FAC.

Shotty certs need a professional; Doctor, Lawyer etc. You may find your application gets turned down if you use any of your selected counter-signatories. (maybe not the fireman)

FAC can be anyone, but you would aim to select someone who currently holds firearms and can be deemed a good judge of character.

My fac forms stated that if you are in a shooting club then one countersignatory must be an official of the club (secretary etc.) and the other must NOT be a current member of a shooting club. Other than that anyone of good character was OK. Just shows they don't trust us shooters.