Butchery course

Mungler

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was sufficient interest from both butchers and PW'ers could always run a course in the North and the South so it would be easier for everyone to get to and would mean each course wouldn't be too crowded? I guess for starters we'd need to map the Butchers locations.

Anyone who gets the chance to learn the proper way to butcher meat and poultry should jump at.Many moons ago I started as an after school and saturday shop boy,at 16 I was assistant manager in one of Dewhurst biggest shops and before I was 18 was a manager,I won prizes for technique and displays.I left the trade but you never forget the how to.You are all too far away for me to get involved,but I would still offer advice and tips to help.

It's been a while but I'm still handy with my chopper :good:

john

Anyone who gets the chance to learn the proper way to butcher meat and poultry should jump at.Many moons ago I started as an after school and saturday shop boy,at 16 I was assistant manager in one of Dewhurst biggest shops and before I was 18 was a manager,I won prizes for technique and displays.I left the trade but you never forget the how to.You are all too far away for me to get involved,but I would still offer advice and tips to help.

It's been a while but I'm still handy with my chopper :good:

john

we could get together and do a scottish meat <<< ;) id be happy to show off skills if there was somplace nearby to do it?

hi all sorry bit late in replying been sat up hospital my son has had a motorbike accident,

if we could get a venue i could bring knives, saw, etc most animal carcases have the same make up ie pigs lamb beef even rabbit,

so if we could get a few carcases of any sort ie deer i could show a few different ways to cut and prepare your meat,

i will bring along half a dozen chickens and show a few different ways to cut them,

please be aware if you bring deer carcase they are easier to skin while warm so would be better if you bring them skinned but not a big problem if not,

if you want sausages making you could bring your favorite ingredients and we can experiment with them as we have made a few award winning sausages by accident lol,

i like bakerboys idea of bbq the meat round his as i guess there would be plenty of beer for afters lol,

i am easy though what ever is easiest for you guys

also if someone wants to video it it could be posted on pw for all to see

colin

hi all sorry bit late in replying been sat up hospital my son has had a motorbike accident,

if we could get a venue i could bring knives, saw, etc most animal carcases have the same make up ie pigs lamb beef even rabbit,

so if we could get a few carcases of any sort ie deer i could show a few different ways to cut and prepare your meat,

i will bring along half a dozen chickens and show a few different ways to cut them,

please be aware if you bring deer carcase they are easier to skin while warm so would be better if you bring them skinned but not a big problem if not,

if you want sausages making you could bring your favorite ingredients and we can experiment with them as we have made a few award winning sausages by accident lol,

i like bakerboys idea of bbq the meat round his as i guess there would be plenty of beer for afters lol,

i am easy though what ever is easiest for you guys

also if someone wants to video it it could be posted on pw for all to see

colin

Colin.

What day is best for you?

I will be meeting up with the caretaker tomorrow to see what is available and when.

The beer is in the Bah Humbug and I can accomadate 30 in the garden easily but more if necessary.

I am on holiday for a big chunk of June but we can work around that.

Terry

I hope your son is not too badly hurt, the bike is replaceable, and you should concentrate on him, before the butchery, but I appreciate your efforts

Edited by bakerboy

Colin, that sounds like a plan.

I wouldn't mind seeing a professional butcher do one of everthing.

I reckon the thing to do is narrow down a venue and a date and in the week building up to it we all see what we can nail and bring along.

Over to Beardo - a pub sounds like a top venue. Nick, sell it to your mate on the basis that we will all want something to eat and drink. Does he do rooms? It could be an Essex boys Beano....

Colin, that sounds like a plan.

I wouldn't mind seeing a professional butcher do one of everthing.

I reckon the thing to do is narrow down a venue and a date and in the week building up to it we all see what we can nail and bring along.

Over to Beardo - a pub sounds like a top venue. Nick, sell it to your mate on the basis that we will all want something to eat and drink. Does he do rooms? It could be an Essex boys Beano....

Sounds good to me

What a great idea im in if venue and date sorted heres a surgestion what about a campingweek end somewhere with a big tent as a classroom bbqs and beer brought by those who want to eatand drink at some fair or other. Theres numerous ways im sure we can come up with something and make a cracking weekend of it