BASC Magazine April/May

Dunkield

Looks OK to me. Birds will approach from behind or at least drop in with their backs to you so you're less likely to disturb them with movement. Only problem is you'll be shooting most of them up the backside. Don't be surprised to shoot only to see lots of feathers and birds flying off if thats the case. The hide (looks like it does) will need a back net high enough so the birds can't see into it.

I`ve shot some good bags with the wind into my face,but you have to remember to set the deeks 1 1/2-2x the normal distance.Dependant on the wind strength this will be 37-60 yds out and this helps pull in birds that are shy of normally placed patterns(25-30 yds)and skirt out of gunshot.

i must say that i like the size of the field :blink: like the ones i shoot on 50yds long and 10yds across. nice easy birds :lol:

Yes and i still miss a few :*)

I did read the article the main thing is that it gives you more ideas, which i think is a good. If the first pattern doesnt seem to draw the birds in then its just another way to try.

I did get a bit upset though when i turned the page :thumbs:

for those that dont get the magazine it showed :-

1 pigeon to 1 cartridge =perfect

3 cartridges to 1 pigeon= acceptable

5 cartridges to 1 pigeon ACTION NEEDED :lol:

well we cant all be perfect :rolleyes:

Edited by Dougy

anyone see the picture of the bloke near the back of the mag (near the bottom) that was teaching a woman how to shoot and he is loking down the gun while she is aming it at him, i assume it is to see if it fits her properly, anyway i thought is was a bloody stupid picture on safety grounds as i was taught to believe that you should treat all guns as if they are loaded regardless of situation.

anyway, evening all :rolleyes:

sid

anyone see the picture of the bloke near the back of the mag (near the bottom) that was teaching a woman how to shoot and he is loking down the gun while she is aming it at him, i assume it is to see if it fits her properly, anyway i thought is was a bloody stupid picture on safety grounds as i was taught to believe that you should treat all guns as if they are loaded regardless of situation.

anyway, evening all :rolleyes:

sid

Being a professional he, and her, would have made sure the shotgun was safe.

LB

Being a professional he, and her, would have made sure the shotgun was safe.

fair enough but i still dont like these profesionals looking down the barrels of a gun for a picture though, just me i supose as i see problems where they dont exist i suppose :rolleyes:

sid

anyway, evening all  :rolleyes:

sid

Its the only way to see what you are actually looking at when you raise the gun, ie he is looking along the barrels to see where the pupil of her eye is in relation to the barrel? every gun fitter/ tutor I have seen does this of couse first he would break the gun and show the person getting a lesson or fit it was empty first.

cheers KW