World FITASC Championship...........

Catamong

I'm off there bright and early tomorrow, there's a full entry of 1200 shooters, plus a big list of reserves, it should be a goodun, lots of quality targets, and also a true International shoot, with entrants from all over the World.

The weather forecast is a bit mixed, typical July weather in Northern France, hopefully I'll be able to post a full report next week. :good:

Cat.

expecting a decent showing from the PW champ :good: is Teal paying your entry :hmm:

all the best. :good:

Yeah.....I wish, the entry fee alone works out at over £1 per clay, I'm over £200 worse off as a result, even if I win the event, (which I won't), all I'd get is a medal, but, Hey Ho, it's a few days away with some like minded Guys, having a good time, can't get much better than that.. :yes:

Cat.

Good luck Cat,

I know I enjoyed the European there in 2009 and there's no reason to think they won't put on as good a shoot as that. Must admit I've been thinking over the last few days why the hell I didn't book on to this one???

Only two bits of advise, firstly take plenty of euros cos, as you know, a small beer or a coke was 3 or 4 euros 2 years ago!

The other bit is taken from a recent post on here, if you're going to build a good score (and we know you can) then never, never forget that rabbits need at least 3' of lead. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh and that's lead as in leash not lead as on church roofs. :good:

Once again, all the best and we're looking forward to the photos & the write-up.

Mr Potter

Up-date from France, well not directly from France as I'm here in Warrington staring out of the window at torrential rain :angry::angry:

Our Pigeon Watch Charity double champion, Catamong (who it turns out has Northern roots!)is more than holding his own at the World FITASC Championships in Northern France. He finished the 2nd day, on 91 x 100 and at this halfway stage is ahead of the multiple world champion George Digweed. A Frenchman is leading with a straight 100 x 100, with 2 Brits in joint 3rd, Graham Stirzaker & Richard Faulds on 97s.

Keep it up Cat, Pigeon Watch is proud of you. :good::good::good::good:

Mr Potter

Up-date from France, well not directly from France as I'm here in Warrington staring out of the window at torrential rain :angry::angry:

Our Pigeon Watch Charity double champion, Catamong (who it turns out has Northern roots!)is more than holding his own at the World FITASC Championships in Northern France. He finished the 2nd day, on 91 x 100 and at this halfway stage is ahead of the multiple world champion George Digweed. A Frenchman is leading with a straight 100 x 100, with 2 Brits in joint 3rd, Graham Stirzaker & Richard Faulds on 97s.

Keep it up Cat, Pigeon Watch is proud of you. :good::good::good::good:

Mr Potter

Apology - slight mis-reading of the results or I cocked up :huh:;) Cat was one behind Mr Digweed not 1 in front as I originally posted. Today's scores will be available either very late tonight or tomorrow morning.

A humble Mr Potter

Well it will be all done & dusted by now, one website has given out the winner, a French guy named Christophe Auvret who shot an incredible 198 x 200 and the story is that, for whatever reason, he didn't even fire at the two that weren't killed!!!!! The Brits who have dominated FITASC Sporting for so long have got serious competition.

Will have to wait a bit longer for the full results but after 150 targets our Catamong was still well up with the pack with a score of just under 90%.

I guess he will be back home either late tonight or tomorrow so give him a day or two and we can look forward to his usual 1st class report and (hopefully) photos.

Other than the weather which was mixed i.e. some rain, I really wish I'd gone to this, lets hope the European championship will be within driving distance in 2012. I suspect the World will be on another continent.

Mr Potter

Thanks very much to all of those PW members who wished me well on the forum or by PM, we all had a great time, I was going well until the very last layout, wheels fell off in the wind and rain, shame it wasn't a 175 birder..!! :lol::lol::lol:

I'll try and post a report and piccies ASAP.

Cheers Guys... :good:

Cat.

The French and Belgians have produced good shooters in FITASC. The UK has won the titles so many times, we have come to expect a winner from this country.

Our record over the years suggests that we regularly produce the best Sporting shooters, but not necessarily the best Skeet or Trap shooters.

I am aware of Richard Faulds, the brilliant Bob Braithwaite and a number of others.

Edited by Gordon R