Best Midge Repellent?

BIG 5

Very true, but very full of deet as well

What DEET? I have checked the ingrediants. Isopropyl palmitate, alcohol denat, aqua, parfum, bht, butyrospermum parki butter extract. No mention of DEET.

DEET is nasty stuff. It melts goretex, fishing lines and swells your lips. Who wants this chemical on their face.

What DEET? I have checked the ingrediants. Isopropyl palmitate, alcohol denat, aqua, parfum, bht, butyrospermum parki butter extract. No mention of DEET.

DEET is nasty stuff. It melts goretex, fishing lines and swells your lips. Who wants this chemical on their face.

chemical or midges on your face? take your pick :hmm:

Im telling you nothing works other than a midgie net and no skin showing.

From what I have heard also is that they have taken out the ingredient the midges dont like in Skin so soft so thats now useless. Jungle formula helped a bit but they werestill biting.

Coming from the worst area for midges.

I mix my own which works a treat using Pure Essential Oils available at many "Health" Shops such as "Holland and Barrets" - Citronella and Lemon Grass mixed with Sweet Almond Carrier Oil is what you need mate.

The important thing is getting the blend right as it can be a little overpowering if you make it too strong but I never get any problems with Midges or Mozzies and by just using a couple of drops at a time it will last for ages! All you need is three or four drops on your hand rubbed in to your face, neck and arms and you have some pretty effective protection!

If you PM me with your postal details I will send you a small bottle (Enough to last you a few months) to try mate!

Try a bottle of Autan, I got mine from Asda. Fairly high in Deet if I remember. Get the bottle not the spray. I find it works very well against midges and mossys.

Or of course the good old jungle furmula.

Frenchie Boy I like your idea and may well give it a try as I have an H&B fairly close to my work.

I now use REPEL 100, obtainable off ebygumbay, but it does have a high deet content.

If you buy Jungle formula, be aware that they do two variants, one with and one without deet. The one with deet has had the deet content reduced in recent years.

Frenchie, please PM me your recepie; I'll give it a go. The annual trip to Scotland is getting closer.

webber

I now use REPEL 100, obtainable off ebygumbay, but it does have a high deet content.

If you buy Jungle formula, be aware that they do two variants, one with and one without deet. The one with deet has had the deet content reduced in recent years.

Frenchie, please PM me your recepie; I'll give it a go. The annual trip to Scotland is getting closer.

webber

Webber mate, I tend to judge it by using my nose rather than measured out. (I did get it wrong once and made it a little too strong and used it while I was out with my foxing mentor - He threatened to roll me in a dung heap :lol: )!

PM me with your postal details and I will send you a "complimentary" bottle with enough to last you quite a while as a "one off" mate with my compliments!

Edited by Frenchieboy